Guilty Please Bands

Stabbing Westward, Type O Negative, Beck, etc might be considered a guilty pleasure when it's a "metalhead" listening to them. The only music I wouldn't ever blast in my car is most power metal.

guilty pleasures galore

- foo fighters
- A.F.I. ( yes i know)
- some NoFx songs
- nightwish
- cradle of filth
- some mudvayne songs are decent
- children of bodom
- defile
- Nine Inch Nails

Well...I love Therion, but it's not something I brag about;) I'm a huge fan of Whitesnake and Bach as well. While neither of these are embarassing, try explaining to your metalhead friends the amazingness of Air on G:p

Originally posted by IntoObscurity
Well...I love Therion, but it's not something I brag about;) I'm a huge fan of Whitesnake and Bach as well. While neither of these are embarassing, try explaining to your metalhead friends the amazingness of Air on G:p

Your metalhead friends need to hear the Fucking Champs version of Air on a G string. It rocks. :headbang:

The embarrasment depends very much on who your talking about it too. But one album the I feel embarrased for MYSELF for listening to is Luca Turilli's King of the Nordic Twilight. Everytime I play it, its a conscious battle between laughing uncontrollably for 50mins and singing 'heartily' along to every cheesy second. "We're the Kiiiiings of the noooordic twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilight, we're the lords of iiiice and snoooooooow..." -For this reason its probably one of my all time fav albums :D

CoB & Sinergy is also a guilty pleasure when my less 'old scool' metal friends are conscerened.

I also love a lot of stuff like Everlast, Keith Caputo, Vast and one of my favourite artists is actually... Alanis Morissette! Seriously & of that im not ashamed. Her second album rules!

But my biggest guilty pleaure when talking to metal fans would be Shakira! Yes, I bought her album after a trip to South America & i actually think its very good. It fulfils my mild cheesy pop tendancies and the lyrics are actually quite amusing, mildly subversive and I would actually say very intelligent while still being fun. There, ive said it! I probably shouldnt have