O/T: "Guilty Pleasure"

It has nothing to do with staying true. I just find it hard to understand how you fuckers can listen to like dido et al. But hey, whatever floats your boat!

No Probs. I guess there is more to life than just listnening to one style of music all of the time and we have a hard enough time as it is agreeing with just metal LOL. We have friends, partners, spouses, kids that like different stuff that we get inadvertantly exposed to and sometimes end up liking.

The one thing about dido, they spelT her name wrong, they left out the L :D

Not a guilty pleasure so much as a controversial one: I really like Black Sabbath sans-Ozzy. I've always been a huge fan of Ronnie, but the albums they did with Tony Martin are highly underrated, and really showcase all that Iommi could play. Seventh Star (with Glenn Hughes), The Eternal Idol and Headless Cross are incredible; give them a chance!

I love those albums too, but of course I prefer the Ozzy/Dio era. Born Again with Ian Gillan is great too!:kickass:

This song by probably the most gifted musician on the planet from one of the finest albums of all time.

Prince at his eccentric genius best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love those albums too, but of course I prefer the Ozzy/Dio era. Born Again with Ian Gillan is great too!:kickass:

Born Again could use a remix, but those songs rule! I like pretty much every studio album that Sabbath has made, even Forbidden, which has some decent tracks on it despite it's reputation.

However, I think they really need to release another studio album, and not another live or compilation album. I would also like to see Tony re-release those non Ozzy/Dio albums and give them proper love, especially Headless Cross & Tyr, which are really hard to find for fans who don't have them.

No Probs. I guess there is more to life than just listnening to one style of music all of the time and we have a hard enough time as it is agreeing with just metal LOL. We have friends, partners, spouses, kids that like different stuff that we get inadvertantly exposed to and sometimes end up liking.

The one thing about dido, they spelT her name wrong, they left out the L :D
Agreed. I like almost every style of music ("rap" being one of the exceptions)...and I especially like songs that tell a story, ala Gordon Lightfoot or say Johnny Cash. Lots of great music out there. No one should shackle themselves to one form/format.

I don't really have any guilty pleasures. I like just about everything from Anthrax to Rod Stewart, to Led Zep, to hendrix, to waters, to prince, to cypress hill, to de la soul, to ray charles, elvis, i could go forever. but a really guilty pleasure of mine is learning stuff by people like tlc, justin timberlake, drake, etc etc on the acoustic. it always gets the kittens meowing and ready to go home.

I don't really have any guilty pleasures. I like just about everything from Anthrax to Rod Stewart, to Led Zep, to hendrix, to waters, to prince, to cypress hill, to de la soul, to ray charles, elvis, i could go forever. but a really guilty pleasure of mine is learning stuff by people like tlc, justin timberlake, drake, etc etc on the acoustic. it always gets the kittens meowing and ready to go home.

You sneaky bastard! I bet you were that guy who always plays Nothing Else Matters on acoustic when there's girls around! ;)

I only have musical pleasures :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really not a metalhead by any means. I love a ton of stuff that's not metal. As a matter of fact, my second favorite band (Behind Iron Maiden) is Tower Of Power, which is a soul band. I'm in a ska band, so that's another genre I'm big on.

I'm really not a metalhead by any means. I love a ton of stuff that's not metal. As a matter of fact, my second favorite band (Behind Iron Maiden) is Tower Of Power, which is a soul band. I'm in a ska band, so that's another genre I'm big on.

I'm not much of a metalhead myself (I suppose I was one when I was younger), although I listen to a fair share of metal bands. Metal, however, is not the majory genre in my record collection.
I play in a band as well. We don't play metal, and it's only me and the drummer who are well into the genre.

So, in that context I suppose Anthrax could be my guilty pleasure. I don't feel guilty about it though.

However.....I had a chocolate in my lunch break today.