O/T: "Guilty Pleasure"

As a musician I listen to all kinds of music. Basically, if I dig, I dig it. It doesn't matter what genre it is. Some of my favorite artists that are not heavy would be. The Cure, Lady Gaga, Faunts, Skinny Puppy, Def Leppard, Katie Perry, Frank Turner, U2, Dido, Sly and the Family Stone, Earth Wind and Fire, M.I.A., Etc...

No reason to feel guilty, music is meant to be enjoyed, not caged into genres.
I go see Jimmy Buffett every time he comes around here and tickets are over 100 bucks. But you pay for the all-day party not just the show so it's not too rediculous. I'm glad you mentioned Lady Gaga so I wasn't the first. I don't listen to any of her music but when I saw her perform on SNL and get behind the piano alone with no band my respect for her went way up, the bitch is an awesome musician. Again welcome to the board man!:wave:

Exactly!

Mine is (90's) Bon Jovi. I can't help it, I love that music! "Guilty pleasure" as in I wouldn't wear a JBJ shirt in public. Other than that I'm totally comfortable with my musical tastes. Brian Setzer, Garbage, Strapping Young Lad,...all different but I love them all.

I just couldn't get into "These Days." In some ways it's the next step from "Keep The Faith" (which I loved) and in some ways it's a total left turn. It's pretty dark for a Bon Jovi album.

I go see Jimmy Buffett every time he comes around here and tickets are over 100 bucks. But you pay for the all-day party not just the show so it's not too rediculous. I'm glad you mentioned Lady Gaga so I wasn't the first. I don't listen to any of her music but when I saw her perform on SNL and get behind the piano alone with no band my respect for her went way up, the bitch is an awesome musician. Again welcome to the board man!:wave:

Thanks for the welcome :D

And my guilty pleasure is Power Metal. :D

I don't think you can call it a guilty pleasure if it's metal! Power and prog metal are my main listening genres.

My favorite band of all time is a "classic rock" band: Shooting Star. Straight ahead rock with a violin (think Kansas, but less proggy). You older guys may remember their big early 80s radio hit Last Chance:

Anyone who watches ESPN's NFL Primetime knows one of the riffs from this song (see 4:52-4:58).

As far as guilty pleasure (something that I wouldn't normally tell my metal friends): I'm a massive Jewel fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
saw bonjovi last december,i was expecting a good show but they are simply outstanding,prob the best atmosphere ive ever experienced at a concert.

Pretty much, I had expected it to be somewhere between okay and boring, but I was astonished to say the least.

Pretty much, I had expected it to be somewhere between okay and boring, but I was astonished to say the least.

Me too. In 2008 they fucking sucked, it was the typical "play the hits, don't talk too much so the audience won't want more encores, get out of there"-type of show. Day and night between that and 2011. JBJ even injured his knee in the middle of the show and they still played for almost 3 hours! Maybe I shouldn't be that embarrassed about liking them.

Don't like to call them guilty pleasures but this is some stuff I listen to all the time.
In some circles the metal bands are the guilty pleasures!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGkz2qCkMZ4&feature=relmfu[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6d03gbmAzc&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mOUY9rBEmM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dire Straits for me. I love a good story and if it wasn't for Mark Knopfler, I never would have picked up a Guitar.

Not a guilty pleasure so much as a controversial one: I really like Black Sabbath sans-Ozzy. I've always been a huge fan of Ronnie, but the albums they did with Tony Martin are highly underrated, and really showcase all that Iommi could play. Seventh Star (with Glenn Hughes), The Eternal Idol and Headless Cross are incredible; give them a chance!