Please help me identify song/band from a youtube video

Status
Not open for further replies.

randal

New Metal Member
Jan 24, 2011
Hi!

I came across a youtube video which has an awesome song in the background. It's melodic death and also has epic choirs in the beginning and also during the song. I really hope this band isn't totally unknown and that somebody here knows this song or band.

Here is the youtube video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, do you also post on BB com?
Or did you find me looking for this video?

Anyway, I get the feeling that the only one who knows what band that is is the jerk in this video who won't tell the viewers what band that is! :mad:

Yes, do you also post on BB com?
Or did you find me looking for this video?

Anyway, I get the feeling that the only one who knows what band that is is the jerk in this video who won't tell the viewers what band that is! :mad:

Yeah I post there.

That guy hasn't logged into his YouTube account in forever.

I think the more vital question is: "why were you watching that video in the first place"?

Does anybody understand a word in this damn song? I cannot even tell wether they sing english or not. Damn. Why can't the singer sing a bit more clearly then we'd have a chance to figure out the lyrics and find the song this way.

I already tried to find song identification websites but those which I found do not accept real song snippets but instead you have to hum a melody or crap like that. This is totally useless. I could not find a song identification program where you can use the real song.

Btw, does anyone of you understand wether the song is in english or something else?

It definitely sounds like it's in english to me. I cant make out a ton of what he says but I'm definitely hearing english here and there.

What would you say from the style of music, how huge are the chances that this band is satanic? I think that it's pretty likely that they're satanic. I don't listen to satanic metal no matter how good it may sound. If I should find out they're satanists I'm done with them.
And if they really should be a northern metal band the chances of them being satanic are even higher. Many of the DM bands from sweden,norway and finland are satanic.

lol. not really. given that this sounds gothenburg~ish and or metalcore~ish, the odds of it having satanic lyrics are fairly low.

I'm not even going to get into why that doesnt matter though.
:erk:

What would you say from the style of music, how huge are the chances that this band is satanic? I think that it's pretty likely that they're satanic. I don't listen to satanic metal no matter how good it may sound. If I should find out they're satanists I'm done with them.
And if they really should be a northern metal band the chances of them being satanic are even higher. Many of the DM bands from sweden,norway and finland are satanic.

:yow:

To me it matters cause I'm a christian. It should be clear that I won't listen to satanists. Or would you listen to a band which insults your parents? Most likely not.

How did you find out who this is? :yow:
Thanks!

Here are the lyrics what do you think about them?
Who is Kutznetzov? And it does not really become
clear from those lyrics what kind of preacher he is.
A christian preacher? I don't really think so. What do you think?
Tallin, fallen
We're sailing to go home
War's coming, war's taking

Alone across the Baltic haze
Nobody loses hope
But we were feeling forgotten
Just breathing our death

Across the sea, you lead us
and ease the fears

Kutznetzov, the preacher
No light behind his back
The voice is trembling, no hiding
The end is moving fast
Tallin, fallen
We are leaning all behind
Remember those boatmen

The ghost-men chant, from Volga
Lost in the shadow

When pride is going to die
Inside an ancient rhyme
Ghosts from the Volga's tale

Lonely, the memories are lost
A pathway to nowhere
Stranded, the livid of my soul
Stranded, is claiming all my life

Fate, you take me down, into your dome
Straight into your great decay
Straight into your great mistake
From the boatmen, from the Volga's cry

Step by step and a step again
Fear is my great surrender
The ghost-man chant, from Volga, lost in the shadow
Ghosts from the Volga's tale
When pride is going to die inside an ancient rhyme

Ghosts of the boatmen.

I'm a christian and I listen to plenty of satanic music. If you're strong in your faith, it shouldn't matter. It's not like it is going to make you become a satanist.

I will listen to what I want and not let something like lyrical content prevent me from enjoying great death and black metal bands.

It's almost like dressing up as the devil for Halloween. Does that mean I'm supporting the devil? No, it's just all in good fun.

How did you find out who this is? :yow:
Thanks!

Here are the lyrics what do you think about them?
Who is Kutznetzov? And it does not really become
clear from those lyrics what kind of preacher he is.
A christian preacher? I don't really think so. What do you think?

I had to review The Diarist awhile back, just took a bit of digging in my dusty as heck gothenburg pile. I'm not sure who it is referencing, but even if its a Christian preacher it wouldn't be because of his religious beliefs.

Very good work, PhlegethonVeins.
As long as the band isn't satanic or has really vile lyrics it's acceptable but generally I prefer christian lyrics.

@ Ryuuzaki

What does this have to do with "if your faith is strong enough"? This has nothing to do with my faith. How can I listen to somebody who hates God who I love? This is absurd. Would you buy at a baker or butcher who is in strife with your father and who insults him?
I have come a across bands with good music but when I find out they are against Jesus then that's it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.