please help meeee!

Arsonist@ArmyOfStone

The Buzzard
Nov 8, 2014
Michigan
m.facebook.com
I have a problem with my guitarist keeping himself motivated and am not sure if I should just quit the band or try something different.
We started out normal enough, it was just he and I and we found a drummer and wrote a bunch of songs. Found a 2nd guitarist because the first guitarist needs sone bavkup to keep his timeing and so he knows he is still keeping in key.
Sot hen we get rid of the drummer for not having timing, not being able to count, slowing down and pretty much always sounding the same, you know, boomtap boomtap boomtap.
So we restart with only the original guitarist and neew drummer, we write new songs and finish older songs, we go through 2 more guitarists, mostly they hate my guitarist for being a prefectionist and rude as hell, on top of that, if you call him out on something or annoy him he just puts his guitar down and says, 'fuck practice' even if it has been 5 minutes. This happens about once or twice a month, out of 2 years I have done it once. So our last guitarist before he left said, the first guitarist is holding the band back, and it is really starting to seem that way when everyone keeps quitting as we are playing more shows and getting asked to play more shows, he puts me in charge of the band since we started it together.
I dont know what it is but it seems he comes up with excuses after he gets what he wants, first we needed a 2nd guitarist, or bassist, which we still havent got, everyone was struggling to find work and get their shit together while they worked on the band. Now we have our shit together, we have a bandhouse to practice and we bought all equipment ourselves, we have our own drums, amps, p.a. and mics.
But the recording program isnt good enough, we played shows and practiced as a trio for months but now that we are bavkt o a trio he cant seem to get motivated enough to finich songs and play an entire practice without getting pissed off about starting over, he will take a break and we will all be standing around staring at the walls waiting for him to get off his phone and ifa nyone gets onto him about it he gets pissed and quits practice.
I dont know what to do, I need to get this band off the damn ground and this dude is not helping, what should I be doing, or shat should I tell him to get him to know that he needs to get into it or we will be gone, I moved from Texas to Michigan to start this, and now its turned into 2 wasted years if I have to break this band apart and go home and start over again.