Please rate my mix - everything is real recorded

Very suiting name for the song! :lol:

I'd pull the cymbals done in volume since they overpower alot, and ring out for a long time. And they also sound a bit sharp, so I would try to EQ away some of that high end. The guitars sound great, but could benefit from being a bit louder perhaps, and a tad bit fuller. I don't have any suggestions on how to fix it though!

Also, you might want to dub the bass drum with another sample that has a more round full sound. The kick as it is now sounds great, but it just works on the faster parts, cause it's so clicky. For the slower parts it needs more of a full BOOM kind-of sound. If you get a more full kick sound, you could probably turn them up in volume as well.

Thanks for your answers!

Here is an update of this song with:

- quieter cymbals with less high frequencies
- more Boom to the kick
- i tried to add more "warmth" to the guitars (dont know if successfully?)
- and i took out some of the low end of the bass

What do you think about the mix now?

http://www.box.net/shared/sl9v1827a3

Try putting mild distortion on the bass. I believe it will sit better in the mix then.

Something is funky with the last 'Come and make my day' about 3/4 through the song - some kind of 'skip' there... And it really sticks out in a bad way - doesn't blend with the clear vocals just before.

Guitar tone is nice. Growl sound is nice too - but maybe a bit too processed? I think they might sound better 'au naturelle' ;)

Hey Oak thanks for your comment!

I dont know what you exactly mean with the 'Come and make my day' 'skips'?

But you're right that it sticked out in a bad way. So i changed this a little bit and processed the growls more natural.

I also processed the bass in a new way for the guitar support. But i find this bass is very difficult to sit right in the mix.

Here is my newest try: http://www.box.net/shared/f6e7png2ut

Do you guys have more suggestions for improvement?

ah okay...i'm going to check this!

what do you think about the bass? i'm not sure about it, if it sits right in the mix?