Please recommend me a pickup!

If you want to really fuck with someone, call it the Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom. I've done it, and gotten little discounts from small shops just so I'd get the fuck out.

Find whatever's cheapest on eBay and get a new magnet somewhere cheap - I believe someone over at the Seymour Duncan forums sells magnets, and plenty of eBay vendors have them. Get a 2, a 5, and an 8, and try them all.

If you need any help installing the magnets, just PM me and I'll walk you through it. I didn't even need to pull the wires for my JB-7 out of my Blackjack when I switched its magnet.

Jeff

If you have a stock pup, just throwing a jb in the bridge will put a smile on your face. I like the SH-6. I've tried them all, and my favorite pup for passive bridge is a Tony Iommi USA signature model. My Gibson Flying V has never sounded better.

duncan has a pickup with the alnico 8 magnet out now.

I like the invader alot, have on in my flying V and it matches pretty well, my V has a maple neck though, seems Gibson did that back in '86

I have a SH-5 in my explorer, it's nice too, not as hot as the invader, and not as much mids, the invaders seems to cut better.

both are great pickups.

If you want to really fuck with someone, call it the Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom. I've done it, and gotten little discounts from small shops just so I'd get the fuck out.

Find whatever's cheapest on eBay and get a new magnet somewhere cheap - I believe someone over at the Seymour Duncan forums sells magnets, and plenty of eBay vendors have them. Get a 2, a 5, and an 8, and try them all.

If you need any help installing the magnets, just PM me and I'll walk you through it. I didn't even need to pull the wires for my JB-7 out of my Blackjack when I switched its magnet.

Jeff

thanks! will let you know :)