Pod farm 2.5 upgrade

Bassplay89

New Metal Member
Jan 5, 2011
I'm going to upgrade from Pod farm platinum 1 to pod farm platinum 2.5 anyone got it? There still exist in the new version amps like Cali Diamond Plate with 4x12 Threadplate?

Be aware of trap upgrades.

I had an UX2 and bought the Gold Bundle, which included the POD Farm 1 Plugin (it was charged at that time).
When they released POD Farm 2 there was this special upgrade for 40 bucks for those who had the first one. I bought it.

Recently I´ve sold my UX2 and when I tried to transfer the licenses from my Line6 account to the buyers Line6 account, it said that the 2.0 upgrade was a "special offer" and therefore I could not transfer it to another account. I could only transfer the Gold Bundle (with POD Farm 1). Complete bullshit. I contacted Line6 and they basically answered "sorry, we know that this is messed up but there´s nothing we can do for you".

Motherfuckers.

My pod farm platinum is authorized with an ilok key... You think that should be Born problems like this? :O

sorry to bring back this thread but im thinking about getting pod farm 2.5. now all the problems ive read about seem to be upgrade problems. But if i have never had podfarm before and starting a clean slate by just buying podfarm for the first time, should this be hassle free?

sorry to bring back this thread but im thinking about getting pod farm 2.5. now all the problems ive read about seem to be upgrade problems. But if i have never had podfarm before and starting a clean slate by just buying podfarm for the first time, should this be hassle free?

I think so, that's what I did. Never had problems 'cause I dont intend to sell it anyway

Be aware that 2.5 has many issues for some users, to the point that it's completely unusable for some. I'm not sure if they've released a 2.5.x version yet, but it's advisable to go with a version before 2.5 if you want it to be stable.

FWIW, though, since TSE's X50 came out, I haven't touched POD Farm at all for guitar tones. X50 is free and sounds 100 times better IMO.

Tone wise I preferred Pod Farm 1 anyway. I did upgrade but kept the installers for both. The only thing I use the separate modules for is to have an instance of the tuner running standalone before any plugs on my guitar and bass tracks. Also I agree that X50 and the LePou amp sims blow most of Pod Farm out of the water. Still use the bass amps though...

PF2.5 works completely fine for me, but it kicks CPU up pretty high. Other than that, nothing bad for me. I've been fortunate enough to get some solid guitar tones from it. :)