POD farm platinum or Overloud TH2 or Sgear2?

vejichan

Dec 29, 2011
I have pod farm 2.5 so it will be 199$ for the upgrade to platinum or
overloud th2 or sgear or peavey revalver

those are my choices i already have amplitube 3 and guitar rig 5 pro.

any advice/opinions?

Have you checked the recently released TSE x50 v2.0?

It's just one amp, but a really good one.

What do you feel the shortcomings of the sounds you currently achieve are ?

I personally would not spend $200 on a guitar sim vst if you already have the podfarm basic version, amplitube and guitar rig. Im not trying to be a dick but whatever your trying to accomplish soundwise you should be able to achieve with those options, if thats proving difficult its time to rethink your method because the technology is probably not whats holding you back.

It could be a tactile thing, like your missing the response of a real amp setup, some people just dial in tones better with knobs and speakers, if thats the case then you should try out a real amp or something like the Laney ironheart studio for more of a hybrid approach.

If your just trying to blow money on a fun new thing Ill add a vote for x50 v2, its badass at what it does.

I personally would not spend $200 on a guitar sim vst if you already have the podfarm basic version, amplitube and guitar rig. .

Exactly! I didn't try podfarm platinum, but I tried Overloud TH2, it's one of the best amp simulators I tried, but why don't you think of buying laney Ironheart, the studio version, you can use it with guitar rig effects(delay, reverb, chorus).

Thanks for saving me some money guys. I have x50 already. I might as well save my money then.

Platinum version doesn't look good choice, but metal shop is. I had PF 2.5 with UX2 and bought metal shop... LOVED it (sold UX2 and thinking to get just Podfarm to use with profire 2626 and metalshop).
Tried TH2 and didn't liked it tho, same goes to Revalver.
Guitar rig sucked with hi-gain, but I was surprised for clean and crunch.
Amplitube is only one I liked like PodFarms metalshop.
That's my taste and you may think differently.