POD FARM (Need help!)

Ganks

Nov 1, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm not trying to be a noob by posting this, but I've honestly sat with this for FOREVER trying to figure it out. I've also searched the forums here, as well as over at Line 6.

Here's my problem:

My PODxt is hooked up to my computer via USB, and when I go to open POD FARM, it says "No compatible USB device detected".

I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried uninstalling POD FARM, I've tried everything!

I found a lot of users with this same problem at Line 6, but I never got a clear cut answer.

So what is going on?

Also, my PODxt has the Metal, FX, and Classic packs installed.
And I believe the POD FARM is just the regular free version they released a while ago.

When I got this computer, it already had it installed.

What do I do?

PS - I've also created an account on the Line 6 Monkey thing. I've installed all the latest drivers, and I've tried registering my POD. It all works. And even the Line 6 Monkey detects that the PODxt is there.

What should I do? :(

Whelp, I've decided I'm just going to buy the 49.99$ license from the site and cross my fingers!

Wish me luck!

Did you register your free pod farm for that Line 6 device or an iLok? If the latter, was your iLok connected at the time?

Yeah I registered it.

I actually bought my PODxt used from "Everybody" here on the forums, so that might have something to do with it.

I don't have an iLok.
I guess I was hoping for some pre-existing license to be on the PODxt, but right now I'm re-installing POD Farm and I'm going to activate the license key I just bought.

I'll keep you updated.

Yeah, I guess I was just having some wishful thinking! :)

But, I bought the license, and it's working beautifully now!

congrats on getting podfarm to work haha, i couldnt get it to work for the life of me! so now do you just use the podxt and a clean guitar DI and use the PF plugin or do you just keep it hooked up like an iLok, and run the guitars through your interface and throw PF on it?

Well, I'm not sure how I'm going to be doing it.

I've tried running it through my PODxt, and into my interface, but it seems like any "clean" setting on the POD still has a shit ton of coloration to it. (Amp fizz, huge bottom, etc.)

And then, when I plug straight into my interface, my DI tracks are off the wall. They look more like really dynamic vocal tracks rather than guitar tracks.

I'm guessing this is due to the lack of distortion compression.

have you ever done DIs through your interface before? usually it does look pretty different, and especially a lot less dynamic than an amp or pod. the only thing that will really show a big waveform is chugs and such, but any high up notes you might have to zoom in hah.