POD settings.

marcmy

New Metal Member
May 20, 2003
Curious to know what type of PODxt settings I should use to get a similar tone to Michael Romeo's. I know he uses the POD Pro so I'm wondering what he uses on that too.

I mailed this to Mike & here's his reply:

"I am currently using the Vetta head...and I am still tweaking it, But the amp models I've been using in the Vetta are the 'Bogner Uberschall' and 'Engl Powerball". They are close to the factory presets, but, I usually add a little EQ to brighten them up and maybe a bit more gain on the Engl mod. Also some chorus and compression to thicken them up. I'm not sure if the PODxt has the "double tracker" feature for using amps at once, but I've been noodling with this as well. The Uber on the left cabinet, and the Engl on the right - and engaging the "double tracker" to slightly change the timing and pitch -....cool stuff.

As for the POD pro ( which I still have for a back-up rig ), I pretty much stick to the Rectifier model, - again, it is close to the facorty preset - with more presence - some bass rolled off - and some chorus.

Eventually I will really get the Vetta 'dialed in' and and write down my setting. So I'll let you know.

Michael"