pod XT into tube preamp for recording

mr.L.

Jul 25, 2006
Netherlands
Does anyone here have experience with running the pod XT through a tube preamp while recording? I was wondering if this would help much in getting my crunch and distortion sounds a little more tubey/less fake. Which pre-amps would be most suitable for this?

Ive done this although im afraid I cant remember any pre sets and dont have any clips at all. I do remember however being pretty happy with the results. I used a summit tpa200 and slightly clipped the inputs on it.

My former band and I tried that once. Pod xt Big bottom patch into Marshall 9200 power amp and a 1x12 Mesa w\black shadow. I thought it really sucked.. But thats, I think, cause the cab did sound really bad.. I personally dont like the Big bottom patch either..
It ended up we borrowed a Dual rectifier + rectifer cab from a friend. We recorded with both the POD and the dual to compare, the Dual won by a mile!!

My former band and I tried that once. Pod xt Big bottom patch into Marshall 9200 power amp and a 1x12 Mesa w\black shadow. I thought it really sucked.. But thats, I think, cause the cab did sound really bad.. I personally dont like the Big bottom patch either..
It ended up we borrowed a Dual rectifier + rectifer cab from a friend. We recorded with both the POD and the dual to compare, the Dual won by a mile!!

That a bit different to what i meant. I ran a pod into a tube preamp into my interface. Not an amp head and cab. Its a different meathod but it worked for me at the time.

aha! sorry, im from norway, my english is bad.. didnt understand! Dont have a clue about what you are asking then! sorry..