pod xt = shit?

a lot of people use tools like sonic maximizer or the Harmonic Converger to get a better pod-sound.
But I am looking for solution that cuts the fizz off a modeled sound and that enriches the tone with presence and bottom end.

Perhaps you can try a tube preamp in the loop of the POD.
When recording you give it a cut at about 10k and then add exciter or something.
Never tried this - but perhaps it will work.
What do you think?

A tube preamp doesn't seem like it would help much with eliminating fizz, unless you plan on getting rid of the POD distortion and just using the preamp for the gain... which seems silly. I'm not quite clear on what you'd expect out of the Exciter, but I don't think you should need it.

You'll get a lot out of dropping their cab sims and using impulses. It's also easy to go overboard with the gain on those, so be careful with that.

Jeff

It's all about the dude using it. Andy's PODxt clips stomp over most people's mic'd amp tones.

Bingo.

2751.jpg

My guitarist loves his floor pod running stereo between a Dual Rect & 5150. Although I'm pushing him to record without it.

Disable the cab and use cab impulse responses instead. GuitarHacks are a great alternative to the crappy convolution in the XT.

i definately agree, it makes a WORLD of difference. definately try kazrogs patches they all sound pretty good.

personally i like line6 Big bottom patch with the tubescreamer setting on with 0-5% on the gain.

bnb, bulb, the faceless all acheive great line6 sounds, so it is possible..