5150 line out and pod

PostMortem1666

Ocean Planet is on burn
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma, US
i searched and couldnt find much info regarding this exact set up. i just recently ordered a 5150 and im waiting for it to get here but i was wondering if i could use a normal instrument cable from the line out on my 5150 and run that to the pod xt and have the pod xt set on bypass and run that into my computer via the usb and use impulses with my 5150. would this setup work? and would it sound a fuck load better than pod xt?

I can't speak for the 5150, but I've done this on my Recto several times. It sounded ballsier than the Pod, but still not as good as a real mic'd cabinet.

when you say leave the pod bypassed, do you mean using the speaker cab models but no amp models, or you do actually mean just totally bypassed?

if you mean totally bypassed, why not just go line in straight from your amp to the computer? or is the only way to get audio into your pc via the usb on the pod..?

both things will work fine btw, cant say what theyll sound like... but youve given me an idea so ill have to hook my JCM900 up to it to have a try sometime... using the speaker cab models on the pod with it

ah right, thats the reason... should be the same as recording it as per normal line in then.

yeah i was going to say..
make sure some load/speaker is plugged into your head then... dont just line out without connecting anything to the main outs... you can do some damage to the head, and you dont want that, eh. :lol: