Reamping with Pod XT

PostMortem1666

Ocean Planet is on burn
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma, US
I searched and didnt come up with much. So to reamp with the pod XT i just plug my guitar into the input and plug the pod into my computer via usb and then i record 1 dry track and 1 processed track and i use the dry track to reamp? If i do that what do i do with the processed track?

I searched and didnt come up with much. So to reamp with the pod XT i just plug my guitar into the input and plug the pod into my computer via usb and then i record 1 dry track and 1 processed track and i use the dry track to reamp? If i do that what do i do with the processed track?

???
If you like how it sounds - keep it, if you don't - delete it and reamp the clean track with better settings.

Recovering this thread I've found, any of you records clean signal via USB with Pod XT?

I mean, there is a way to record clean signal with Pod XT (not pro) using Line 6 Monkey drivers, which you can setup to record the clean signal while monitoring the processed signal. This is anot in the manual and i found it in a forum.

I've done it and it's okey, but I wonder if the signal recorded is good enough in comparisson with the one recorded with a DIBox.
My idea is to record at home and then reamp in studio, I can save much time in studio this way, but I'm afraid of not being a high quality signal for reamping.

Apparently (according to the "preparing your tracks..." sticky) there is a noticeable difference between the pod and a good DI, so I wouldn't recommend it