Reamping With Pods

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I've got a Pod XT (home) and a Pod XT Pro (live).
A couple of months ago I tried reamping with Pod XT using USB connection and Pod XT Asio in Cubase SX. It was a succes, but a bit laborious, and you only get the dry guitar track at a time.

Today I've been trying to record 2 tracks at the same time, one dry and the other processed (so I can listen and check every time I finish a take processed).
I've used Pod XT to do that. My soundcard Terratec DMX 6Fire only have 1 analog Jack input so I have recorded the processed track as always and the other track using the Coaxial S/PDIF Digital Input.

The problem is...

The unprocessed signal is too weak (-35 db). Is it important?
What db of signals do you get?
If I do it connecting to the analog output, I get just the other way round, a clipping dry guitar sound, many clips, and souncard input level is on minimun!!.

The other problem is that when I reamp, nothing bit a beeeeeeep is listening.
I just connect the Digital Out of the soundcard to the Digital In on Pod XT Pro, choose SPDIF input and put Buses and conexions in Cubase, press record...and fuck! Nothing but that strident noise.

I don't man but I would assume that you might want to read the reamp thread because it mentions using a good mic preamp for your dry track. Maybe this would be possible to do using both of your PODs, one for the amplified sound and one for the dry track using just the tube preamp setting or whatever its called. Have one running usb and one using the regular outputs. Are you using any kind of direct box at all? ALot of useful info in that reamp thread just do a search.