5150 > POD XT PRO > Digital In 1010lt > impulses

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hey all, my latest plan for the weekend when i get my new elixir cables (yes i bought into the image lol) is instead of running the pod xt into impulses as i have been mesing around with, is instead to use the 5150. Ive got a marshall cab and sm57s but i cant really crank it, the speakers are a bit fizzy for the stuff im trying now and my audio card preamps arent the best by a long way.

Im going to try it directly through the pod xt's input through a blank patch, but the question is, is this a pretty silly idea, or something that is gonna end up bad (or colour the 5150s signal with pod frequencies...). Right now it is the most convinient way to get stuff to the PC.

Opinions?

Kev :cool:

I don't understand -- you're trying to run the 5150 through the pod for some reason? Why not skip the pod altogether?

Are you talking about reamping? It sounds like your best bet would be to track with the pod then reamp through the 5150.

I think Kev means run the pod into the input of the 5150 and set the amp clean. Maybe to get a good sound at a lower volume. I do this all the time. Even at the lowest volume you can get a way better tone than direct.

Sorry if I made it unclear chaps, The preamp out jack of the 5150 can get to my PC via three methods, one via actually feeding through the XT, straight through XLR & preamps which I dont dig too much, or through a phono connection. I was just wondering how things might turn out should it run direct through the pod on bypass.

I think Kev means run the pod into the input of the 5150 and set the amp clean. Maybe to get a good sound at a lower volume. I do this all the time. Even at the lowest volume you can get a way better tone than direct.
and then mic up a connected cab, or going through the send fx into the pc?

miced up cab. Never direct hehe I just cannot take a listen to direct chunk. I'll run a pod through a little practice amp and mic it, rather than straight in. Just me. Man, Kev, don't run that 5150 without a speaker load!!

Yeh, its basically using the XT as the means to make it direct guys. I really want some sort of device to take the speaker load, but if worse comes to worse it just stays connected to the cab. I saw a funky device someone made on here which might be worth looking into. Im hoping my cables will arrive to coincide with a new ENGL impulse from Poida! Ive got about 10 cables scattered around in various places in Bristol, ireally should get them back for emergencies like now!!! :D