Extracting POD xt impulses

Downtuned

Losethehorizonagain
Mar 25, 2011
UK
Does anyone know if there is a way to extract the cab impulses out of a POD xt? The reason being that I've tried a lot of free impulses, recabinet Godscab etc but the one I like the best is sitting in my old POD.

I used to think it was the amp sim that gave the great opens and chunky palm mutes but it's definitely the impulse.

At the moment I have TS808 with Nick Crows 8505 in a track set to a mono out going from my control surface into the XT input with all amp sims turned off and just the cab active and then out the POD xt and back into my control surface (which sounds great), and while this is ok I'd love to have the freedom of having it as a wav to use with Lecab or something and do away with all the wires.

I must mention that my old PODxt is running flash memory 1.05 because the later ones than this make the impulses sound completely different so I'm assuming it's a redundant impulse that I want. I've tried using the very same impulse with POD Farm but it just sounds like it's the same as an XT with the later flash memory which isn't as good.

The impulse I use is (with the 1.05 flash) - 4x12 Green 25's with the mic off axis and 0 room%

It certainly isn't to everyone's taste as it's very dark but I love it, so if anyone can offer any information on this rather strange topic then I'd be most grateful.

Thanks.

but the one I like the best is sitting in my old POD.
wtf? are you crazy. ok I gues it depends on taste ...

doing impulses is not allowed imho, as it could be some kind of reengineering, but it's possible. search this forum for a guide how to to impulses. giving away those impulses is CERTAINLY not allowed, but you'll find them on the net (don't ask me for them, I don't have them).
you could however search the net for an OLD version of pod farm ...

Cheers for the reply.

It's definitely a matter of taste, I love a really dark muffly (old) Morbid Angel type tone and this impulse just does it for me, although I'd like to try and blend it with some other for a bit of sizzle.

I'll have a look and see if there is maybe a PODxt impulse pack floating about somewhere on the net.

Like I say, I'll be using it anyway via the control surface, but it would be nice to have the .wav file just to make things easier.

If anyone else has any other suggestions then please let me know!

Thanks!

That's was exactly what I'm after, thanks.

Funny thing though is that when I load the impulse in Kefir it sounds identical to my old POD one, but when I load the same impulse in Lecab2 or Lecab1 it sounds completely different, like some of the raw signal is getting through.

Just thought I'd mention it, but that's for that link, I appreciate all the help!

On Kefir it's 100% wet and gives me the tone. I can't see any knobs or switches on Lecab 2 that lets you change the amount of dry/wet signal that is coming through so I'm unsure what is wrong.