Podfarm kinda TubeScreamer as hardware ...?

Aug 9, 2010
Germany
Hey,

does anyone know a good guitar tubescreamer that acts kind of like the one in podfarm? i love this sound and actually wanna have that live too without using a line6 amp or something... is anyone having a good hint for me?

thanks in advance! :)

dude....the original hardware ibanez tubescreamer kicks the shit out of the podfarm emulation.

Not really. It's just different. Many times I find myself using it on the DI track before hitting the reamp, it's tighter and the mids are a little different but sometimes it works when the TS9 doesn't.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/346068-tube-screamer-faq-version-1-a.html

It's in there (multiple times). Sorry, can't pinpoint exactly where right now.

Edit: Nevermind, second post. "The Ibanez TS7 is a TS9. Period. It's in a cheaper-looking enclosure, but the circuit is a TS9. What does that mean? It means you don't have to spend $800 on a boutique TS9 handbuilt in the space station with exotic camel-spit capacitors imported one at a time from Buttfuckistan and a case hand-painted by the last known member of the Snickerdoo tribe of Native Americans. You can spend $40 on a TS7 and it's just as fucking good, end of discussion. Also... if you have trouble putting two and two together, the TS7 (just like the TS9, whodaguessed) can be modded to 808 specs with... that's right, chief, two bloody resistors."