PodXT vs. Radial, Countryman as DI BOX

jani78

Dec 22, 2004
Has anyone made this comparison? I read reamping threads and saw James Murphy comment about PodXT as DI Box.

Of course it's better to use Radial or some other real DI Box....Can PodXT produce good signal for reamping purposes? Maybe real professional studio engineers can hear the difference but is it that big? I mean...is it like comparing cheapest guitar from supermarket to Gibson Les Paul Custom? :) I'm using active pickup.

Thanks.

Sorry to Hijack but I got another question while were on this subject of dir signals....

I got an active Behringer Dir box and I'm a bit worried that it is just garbage for a Dir signal to reamp. Anyone ever use behringer active Dir box with decent results or should i get in the market for a new Dir box??

Here is link to my dir...
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDI100

Can't beat the DI100 for its price range. I'm such a cheap bastard that I just couldn't cough up the cash for two radial units (over 200€ a piece) so I got a X-amp and DI100 and I haven't regretted it once.

I've done the shootout a couple of years ago...

The POD XT sucks as a DI compared to a Radial J48. I noticed that the POD XT took a bunch of the low end out of my signal. In general, the POD XT removes lows - even in BYPASS mode through the FX loop of an amp! But as a DI over USB it's just as weak.

It's worth getting a real DI - it will make your reamped tracks that much better.