Poker

Lethe78

Expired candle
Jan 19, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
Does anyone here like it or even take any interest in it? I always thought it was a game that old people with cigars played, but recently (4 months ago), I was introduced to No Limit Texas Hold 'Em, and I haven't been the same since. My guitars have three inches of dust on them.

I almost said not to flame me, but then I remembered that this was not the Opeth Forum.

My friends and I play Texas Hold Em' once a week. Used to play 2-3 but that's a lot of money. It's way addicting. Once I turn 21 I'm going to Vegas and I'm gonna lose my savings like any other American ;)

LifeDepraved said:
Once I turn 21...

Hahahahahaha!!! I feel like the creepy old man who can't seem to stop going to parties with all the 17-20 year olds even though he is almost in his 30's. *27 here*

I try to play every week, but definitely every two weeks. A bunch of guys and I get together every other Friday morning after work for a few games. Out of the last 6 games I played, I won 230 dollar--uh I mean, gambling is illegal and I would never condone.

Haha. Well I only have 5 months left. I'm 20 so don't feel too creepy haha!

What you first said reminded me of that older guy from Dazed And Confused who was hangin out with all the High Schoolers.

Texas Hold 'Em has some addictive quality about it. I usually play it with my friends over a few beers once in a while, and with my gf as well. I haven't gotten to that point where my guitars are collecting dust though. At least not yet :p

I play 2-4 hours a day online.....as well as a live game every week.....Im a good fucking poker player actually.....I won the fulltilt 6500$ guarantee 3 weeks ago......its how I make it through the winter months when work is slow.....Im not playin....but one of my friends won a seat at the world series so I will go with him to it.....there are lots of good swedish poker players as well....

I love poker....almost as much as katatonia.....but not quite

i love poker, i introduced it to my housemates at uni and i was always winning at first but theyve all improved now, only problem is people arent around as much so its hard to play, and its a lot more fun with different people.

Deliverance6 said:
I play 2-4 hours a day online.....as well as a live game every week.....Im a good fucking poker player actually.....I won the fulltilt 6500$ guarantee 3 weeks ago......its how I make it through the winter months when work is slow.....Im not playin....but one of my friends won a seat at the world series so I will go with him to it.....there are lots of good swedish poker players as well....

I love poker....almost as much as katatonia.....but not quite

Congrats on that win!! How long did the tourney take? I don't have the patience to play online poker for long amounts of time, but I keep saying I will try one and see how I do.

I have two games coming up on Friday. 20 dollar buy in per game. Usually 12 people per game.

I have a 55 dollar buy in coming up on June 6th with some 60 people. I really can't wait for that.

Ever watch it on TV? As fucking boring as that sounds to people who don't play it, it is wicked addicting. And I hate TV.

there were about 280 people........tourney took around 5 hours.....nothing like the stress of the final table....when knocking a guy out means another 1000$.....it was truly a great day in my life.....I am also part of a detroit poker league.....which I have also done very well at.....out of the 5 times I have gone I took 1st once 2nd twice and final tabled another time......there are usually 30-40 people there who play poker on a regular basis..so I am actually proving to be a good poker player.........and yes.....I am a WSOP and WPT t.v. junkie.....I cant wait to go to the world series this year......even if I am only going to watch.....

Lethe78 said:
Congrats on that win!! How long did the tourney take? I don't have the patience to play online poker for long amounts of time, but I keep saying I will try one and see how I do.

I have two games coming up on Friday. 20 dollar buy in per game. Usually 12 people per game.

I have a 55 dollar buy in coming up on June 6th with some 60 people. I really can't wait for that.

Ever watch it on TV? As fucking boring as that sounds to people who don't play it, it is wicked addicting. And I hate TV.

That's pretty sweet. I would love to go to that, yes, even to watch. Do you have a favourite player? I like Phil Helmuth; his playing style is much like mine. I think he is an asshole, but a damn good player, and quite entertaining to watch.

I with there was a 24 hour poker channel... but then I would never get anything done.