Poland = death metal

the_dying

Jan 4, 2003
La Flandre
gorath.blackmetal.be
Somwhere in April '02 I went to Poland (extreme South East) for work and in big cities like Krakau I was astonished by the huge amouth of death metal people over there!

Everyone in Poland must be a dm freak :cool:

No... I'm from Poland and I'm not too big fan of DM.

Lot's of man here wear shirts of DM bands just to show all others how greatly DM's they are (posers). This is great problem of Poland - lot's of posers...
Recently I asked such man about Mortician (I'm not a fan of this band but I know something about their last CD). The He said that he just loves this band and It's great and I asked than about members of this group... He didn't knew any.
It's pity, but truth...

Returning to the DM scene. It's really rich. Most of bands that played BM now plays DM (Behemoth). DM is really... trendy? Now everyone want's to be DM, play DM, and be around DM...

Xaplan

Yeah, in Poland there are many posers. I hate people who want to be so cool by clothing like an ultra evil black pagan satan whatever metal and have nothing in heads. Only fuckin' image - not music. It sucks like hell. But nodoby is perfect :lol:

Trauma and Lux Occulta :devil:

but sure, most of the bands I know from Poland are playing dm and at the few concerts I was at seemed ppl liked dm more, didnt matter if Decapitated or Dark Tranquillity was on stage.

There's something similar here, but posers use to wear more melodic or power metal t-shirts like Angra and Nightwish. The majority here wear the traditional Iron Maiden t-shirts, being honest, but their heads are empty. Others wear Cradle of Filth when they want to look like black metal fans.

Originally posted by Kuvasz
Yeah :) Do you like this breed too?
Hungary breeds wonderful dogs :D I also like the Komondor, but I'm not sure if it is also Hungarian.
hehe... sure, im Hungarian:)
do u know Vizsla?

ps: i think we are getting off topic in a death metal thread? ;)

Originally posted by Mocika
hehe... sure, im Hungarian:)
do u know Vizsla?

ps: i think we are getting off topic in a death metal thread? ;)

Hehehe, I asked if is Komondor also hungarian.
Yes, I know the Vizsla too. It's handsome, and the shorthaired kinda reminds me a Weimaraner, hehehe, I'm stupid.

Uh... yes... but it's alright, hehe. We've got a life besides music, haven't we? ;)

if you're looking for posers, look no further than the UK.

admittedly not flooded with Death Metal posers, but the amount of fucking kids in nu-metal shit or garbed up to the nines in Brandon 'The Crow' Lee mode, yet know fuck all about anything heavier than Marilyn Manson.... plus they try and treat you like a freak cos you actually bother listening to anything other than Nirvana, Marilyn Manson and the godawful The Darkness.

i've been having the piss taken out of me recently on the Strapping Young Lad messageboard, whilst trying to market 'The Negation' as best as possible, i've been subjected to random remarks about how Decapitated are supposedly the ugliest band ever, and "Man, Apophis, that dude in your Decapitated pic that's wearing the Incantation shirt has a wiiiiiide nose. Every time I see that pic I wanna reach out and squeeze his nose. " :)

yes, there is.....as you know, that's where the pope hails from; people are very proud of that which leads them to lash out at lots of things, especially music....

I figured that the church wouldn't like it. From my understanding, the Catholic influence in Poland is nothing new. It makes sense that it would be greater now.

Is the news media paying the death metal trend much mind?