Political Compass

Cynical said:
I took it about a year ago- about +1 on the economic left/right, about +2 on the authoritarian.

It should be noted that the test is put out by a liberal group and is thus rather biased. It's rather meaningless anyways, since you can score similarly to some politician (John Kerry, in my case) and disagree with them on almost every issue.

Good point. I'm not in agreement with Nelson Mandela much myself, either.

I'm pretty sure infoterror decided to leave after getting that three day ban for saying something that offended one of the mods.

Danallica- everyone is going to fall more towards the left and bottom far more than they should because of the biases the group that's putting on the test.

Cynical said:
I'm pretty sure infoterror decided to leave after getting that three day ban for saying something that offended one of the mods.

Danallica- everyone is going to fall more towards the left and bottom far more than they should because of the biases the group that's putting on the test.

Oh yes, we've banned him from being so damned intellectual. I personally dont like people that seem smarter than me posting on this board--thus the reason I havent banned you Cynical.

Kidding, kidding, kidding.

But no, infoterror has not been banned, nor will he ever be.

On a different note, taking it again, I got:
Economical: -1.63
Authoritarian: 1.44

Given the answers I gave, it's REALLY fucking obvious that the "authoritarian" aspect of it hugely errs towards the "liberal" side.

EDIT- Infoterror was banned (for three days) back in mid to late December by one of the other admins for a racist remark that offended him (I believe this was on one of the other boards); he decided to leave.

Way too many ambiguous/overly general questions for it to be particularly accurate, regardless of bias. Still:

Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.46

Not too different from where I was a year or so ago:
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

It's always going to be difficult to find a "test" that does not slant its questions in favour of the bias of its creators. This test certainly did not work for me, unless I'm secretively MUCH more liberal that I think I am.

Cynical said:
EDIT- Infoterror was banned (for three days) back in mid to late December by one of the other admins for a racist remark that offended him (I believe this was on one of the other boards); he decided to leave.

Ah. Really? I find this odd as he reserves most of his bile for white bread Americans doesnt he?

Well, tell him to come back.

Cynical said:

Yeh true - i was just thinking how the questions sort of have a bit of a left winged slant to them