Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiecutter

Proceed to Ultraslamming
Feb 10, 2006
Toronto ON
slam-minded.blogspot.com
Here the top 5 nominees for best debater

These names are in no particular order. Also in some categories there were a few people with many nominations and a bunch with one. When this happened I used my best judgment for who should and could win. For example someone nominated Blue Jay for MVP. Obviously I didn't put him in the poll.

:lol: Who the hell nominated me?

I can't believe I made it on there and not cookiecutter.

And Necuratul is only a slightly-above-average debater. He usually puts more effort into insulting his opponent than actually making legitimate points.

But, of course, it isn't surprising that the majority of idiots here would interpret that as good debating.

Not that this is important, but I take considerable offense to that, since it misrepresents me. When I'm actually debating somebody I refrain from namecalling and frankly I consider myself a very good articulator of my arguments. You're confusing general arguments of no significance in which I feel free to use ad hominems with actual debates, such as the many that I had with Unfaithfully Metalhead about capital punishment, the justice system, Saudi Arabia, the debate about Black Sabbath being Metal, Punk's influence on Metal, etc.

Well, I'll try to better note that distinction next time, but it's certainly not always a clear one.

Judging by the last exchange, I can see why vihris-gari doesn't have any votes in this poll... :p

CAIRATH, Necuratul and thisisaformicitable are all very good debaters.

I definitely think cookiecutter deserved a nomination in this thread. I guess this is where I should start feeling guilty about not having kept up with the awards thread much and not having sent any nominations myself. :\

I voted for Necuratul but cookiecutter gets an honorable mention.

:lol: Who the hell nominated me?

I can't believe I made it on there and not cookiecutter.

And Necuratul is only a slightly-above-average debater. He usually puts more effort into insulting his opponent than actually making legitimate points.

But, of course, it isn't surprising that the majority of idiots here would interpret that as good debating.

I nominated you, but didn't vote for you. I'd say you, Thoth, CC, Ozz, and TIACN, (but he has a probably making you feel like a piece of shit :lol:) and myself are probably the best debaters out of the people who actually post alot here. Cairath is good too, you just don't post that much mang.

I'm surprised Acherisk isn't on there...
Anyway, I guess my vote goes to CAIRATH.

I think the fact that my viewpoints are in opposition to most others on the forums (at least in religion/evolution) may keep me from being seen as a strong debater. I am typically alone in defending my views against many opponents. Also I believe I actually consider the opposing viewpoints with a more open mind than my opponents typically do, so in that I may be perceived as not as strong. But in fact I think that is more strong. I am not just arguing for the sake of winning, but also for the sake of learning.

That said I still think I am not the strongest debater on these forums and did not think I would be nominated.

I voted for Cairaith due to his awesomeness in the kill crips and tards thread.

:rolleyes:

Not everything is a fucking debate. Sometimes it's just a yelling match. Actually most times it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.