Poll: Round 8... Which band do you like better?

Which band do you like better?

• IMAGES OF EDEN

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • SENTINEL

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • both

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • neither

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
My vote went to Images of Eden. They're more musically compatable with my tastes, though I'm not enamoured with the vocals. Just a feeling, but they seem like one of those bands that come across much better in a live enviroment than in studio.

Sentinel was good as well, even if a little too 'power metally' for me, at times. The first song was very good and they have the better singer, imo. I heard nuances of another band I really like in the first song, but I'll keep it to myself. I'm sure no one else heard it and I'll look life a fool for mentioning it. Though, that has never stopped me from doing anything before.:lol:

I voted for Sentinel. They were way better than Images of Eden.

Images of Eden's singer was kinda nasal & sounds like he's straining too much. The music was kinda mediocre and steadily paced. Basically... boring. "Emerald Rain" was the most lukewarm of the three I listened to in hopes that maybe it was just a bad recording or an "off" song of theirs. The song pretty much goes nowhere.

Sentinel, on the other hand, was driving and had more interesting song structure. Their singer was powerful with a good range. (Vocalists can pretty much make or break a band's sound, in my opinion.) I'm rather shocked that they don't have that many myspace friends & are still unsigned while Images of Eden is signed. :zombie:

But then again, the music industry doesn't rely solely on talent, does it? :loco:

I voted for Sentinel. They were way better than Images of Eden.

Images of Eden's singer was kinda nasal & sounds like he's straining too much. The music was kinda mediocre and steadily paced. Basically... boring. "Emerald Rain" was the most lukewarm of the three I listened to in hopes that maybe it was just a bad recording or an "off" song of theirs. The song pretty much goes nowhere.

See, this is why I love music...it is so subjective. I thought IoE had much better, more interesting song structure of the two. Sentinel does have the better singer, but IoE just has more on offer...variety, light and shade, textures in their music, imo. I definitely hear shades of Queensryche, Fates Warning, etc. in their music which is very much right up my alley.

Again, it is all personal taste and that's the great thing about music.

See, this is why I love music...it is so subjective. I thought IoE had much better, more interesting song structure of the two. Sentinel does have the better singer, but IoE just has more on offer...variety, light and shade, textures in their music, imo. I definitely hear shades of Queensryche, Fates Warning, etc. in their music which is very much right up my alley.

Again, it is all personal taste and that's the great thing about music.

I agree whole-heartedly.

If everyone had similar opinions or noticed the same minute pinpoints there wouldn't be any point in maintaining forums whose very purpose is discussion.

It's good to have a nice healthy debate!