Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethereal Architect

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
I agree with you both , too. I've known of Ethereal Architect for a few years now but their vocalist always undid it for me. They were searching for a new singer awhile ago... I think the vocals are really holding them back from big success because they have a lot of potential otherwise, imo.

For the sake of remaining professional and knowing that the bands may one day see these posts, I'll phrase it gently. Foretold Defiance does nothing for me. Again with the vocals. Maybe I need to listen a bit more, before I "get it."

For me the vocals kill it for both bands. I'm loving the atmosphere with Ethereal Architect but the vocals are very one dimensional. That's the problem with prog/power metal, it is mandatory to have a quality vocalist.

Foretold Defiance has great musical crossover appeal for the newer sound but again the vocals are just downplayed death metal. I'll have to vote neither of these bands unless the vocals change before the next Madfest.

I will, however, keep my ear out for both bands progression...especially since they are from TX!