02-08-07: NEXT TWO BANDS ANNOUNCED

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FEBRUARY 08, 2007

DARK EMPIRE AND MEYVN CONFIRMED TO PLAY TEXAS MADFEST.

New York based progressive-thrash metal band Dark Empire and Texan progressive sensation Meyvn have just been confirmed to play Houston's Texas Madfest. The show, scheduled for July 13-14, 2007 is the very first confirmed live appearance of Dark Empire in its history.

"I am ecstatic to be playing Madfest and to finally bring Dark Empire to the stage for our fans in Texas," said guitarist and founder Matt Moliti. The band who is fronted by Jens Carlsson (Persuader, Savage Circus), released their debut album Distant Tides last year and received raving reviews from around the globe. "We look forward to rocking faces with lots of new songs from our forthcoming release, Humanity Dethroned, as well as some favorites from our debut, Distant Tides," Moliti added. Dark Empire will be taking the second slot in the order of appearance on saturday.

Meyvn, who has been considered the best Texan act more than once by many publications will be bringing their astounding combination of great musicianship, catchy melodies and passionate lyrics to Texas Madfest. The band's debut album Splintered Skies was released by KillZone Records, generating a lot of buzz in the specified media, and will certainly surprise many at Texas Madfest.

"I couldn't be more proud of what we're accomplishing with this," said Tammy Zepp, co-coordinator of Texas Madfest. "Meyvn has long been one of the top names in the Texan metal scene, and I'm totally euphoric about having Dark Empire playing their first show ever at the fest. Fans can be certain that these two bands will deliver a top-notch performance."

Texas Madfest will be taking place at F.B.I. Rocks #1 in Houston, Texas on July 13-14, 2007. More bands, along with ticket info and event details, will be announced in the upcoming weeks. Visit myspace.com/madfest for more info and official forum link.

WOOHOO!! We're very excited to be a part of this show! John and Tammy (and others!) have done a kickass job so far putting this festival together and we can't wait to see you all in July! :headbang:

WOOHOO!! We're very excited to be a part of this show! John and Tammy (and others!) have done a kickass job so far putting this festival together and we can't wait to see you all in July! :headbang:

Drew My brother, you ain't seen shit yet, but for the record i want everyone to know that MEYVN was the first band to jump on board with this, and i am honored to have a person like Drew to call a true friend. Drew has been particularly supportive of our efforts and has offered some excellent advise and Me personnaly i can't wait to see and hear them blow the roof off of FBI, you guys and gals have a treat instore for you. Welcome to MEYVN and DARK EMPIRE to the TEXAS MADFEST family.:headbang: :worship: :headbang:

=D

Mevyn is pretty damn good. A solid band that is also going to be at PP Europe (or is it UK... too lazy to look right now). I first heard this band on the ProgPower Sampler.

I have much love for Dark Empire.

I hope that everyone is ready for DARK EMPIRE, this is gonna slay, with Matt's guitar work and Jens vocals welll just wait and see Houston will never be the same after.

I'm really excited to see this finally announced :). Jens, Samus, Alonzo, and I are pumped to get out on stage and rock! Joining us as a 2nd guitarist will be another Houstonite (Houstonian? hehe) Andrew Atwood, who some of you might have seen playing guitar for DC Cooper at the Progpower VI Preshow.

Of course, right now we're still in the process of recording our new album, Humanity Dethroned, with Al coming in on Sunday to start his bass parts. I do my guitars at the end of the month, and Jens and I do our vocals in March. We hope to have a new websingle for download and streaming on myspace by the end of March or beginning of April, so stay tuned! :)

I'm really excited to see this finally announced :). Jens, Samus, Alonzo, and I are pumped to get out on stage and rock! Joining us as a 2nd guitarist will be another Houstonite (Houstonian? hehe) Andrew Atwood, who some of you might have seen playing guitar for DC Cooper at the Progpower VI Preshow.

Andrew is quite a talented young man!! I'm glad that he will be with you guys for the show!!:headbang:

:heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:
I had been looking forward to making this announcement for a loooong time!
Feels good to finally let the cat out of the bag! Having these two bands on
our roster simply amazes me! I've LOVED both bands for so long, and
now I have a chance to work with them and help spread their names! I really
feel fortunate to have them, and all of our bands, on our festival!
Madfest 2006 was just a small idea that turned into a big death
metal fest in Michigan, and I thought that was rewarding enough (you all
know how much I love death metal!) and NOW look at it! Just wait until you
see the rest of our lineup!! I'm very proud, and I hope we deliver for you all!

:Smokedev:

OK, ordered Meyvn CD from Century Media, does anyone know where I can get the Dark Empire disc? (and no, iTunes doesn't count I want a real CD).

You can get Dark Empire from our sponsor NIGHTMARE RECORDS, if Lance still has any in stock.

OK, ordered Meyvn CD from Century Media, does anyone know where I can get the Dark Empire disc? (and no, iTunes doesn't count I want a real CD).

As of right now, itunes is the only place to get the album. The original pressing is completely sold out as far as I'm aware, at least for US stores, and it isn't being repressed. However, it is being released by Rock Machine records in Brazil soon, remastered with revised artwork (actually the remastered version of Northern Sky is what I sent Tammy to feature on the Madfest myspace). They are sending me copies to sell through the Dark Empire website (and I'm also gonna send some to Lance). We'll let everyone know when those are available.

Since I am new to this, hopefully it comes out right. On behalf of Six Minute Century, we would like to welcome Meyvn and Dark Empire to the bill, as well as Eternity Black. We can't wait to open Saturday night. Patiently awaiting the next announcements.

Since I am new to this, hopefully it comes out right. On behalf of Six Minute Century, we would like to welcome Meyvn and Dark Empire to the bill, as well as Eternity Black. We can't wait to open Saturday night. Patiently awaiting the next announcements.

Don, you guys are going to start off Saturday right!! The people won't know what hit them! :lol: :cool:
The next announcement will be in a week or so.