02.22.07 - MAGISTRAL AND PRYMARY CONFIRMED FOR MADFEST

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
MM PR
February 21, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRYMARY AND MAGISTRAL TO TAKE PART OF TEXAS MADFEST

Chilean metal band Magistral and Progrock Records artist Prymary are the two latest bands confirmed to perform at Texas Madfest. The event, to be held at club FBI Rock #1 in Houston Texas on July 13-14, 2007 will mark Prymary's return to Texas since their last appearance in the state playing alongside Texas veterans Stride.

Prymary is currently working on writing the follow up to acclaimed 2006 release The Tragedy of Innocence. "We haven't been to Texas in so long and I am so excited in playing Madfest. I can never forget how well we were treated in Texas and how crazy the crowds were, I look forward to see that again," said keyboardist Smiley Sean. The band, who's been on the renowned Headway Festival in Holland plans to perform a set that could possibly include some new material, to be tentatively recorded by the end of 2007.

Magistral are known for the high-energy level of their live shows. They have performed at the ProgPower USA pre-party twice before and have an established fanbase in the area. "We are trying to make sure this will be our very best show ever," said vocalist Lucho Silva. "I am sure people won't be disappointed with Magistral and we look forward to make new fans and friends at Texas Madfest."

Other acts announced for Texas Madfest are Krucible, Meyvn, Dark Empire, Six Minute Century and Eternity Black. Fore more information on the festival, as well as samples from the confirmed bands, go to www.myspace.com/madfest.

wow, with each announcement I find myself doing more and more of this... :kickass: and this... :headbang: and this... :worship:

and a whole lot of this: :OMG:

Texas Madfest is most certainly Delivering the Goods! Keep 'em coming! :cool:

I can't say I've ever listened to either of these bands. I have some catching up to do :)

I am so stoked about these two bands, as i am about all the bands we have. I feel we have got a very good cross section of music that will appeal to all people and have a packed house both nights.

Stay tuned for the announcement for the last two bands. I think these two will blow your shorts off(if your wearing any).

Magistral kicks some serious ass. Man I can't wait to see them (yes this means that I'm coming \m/ ).

OMG. Where has Prymary been in my life? Just the song Common Ground is enough to make me go. This band is awesome. Its like the perfect mix of the prog-rock that I love, jazz (fusion) influences, and heavy metal.

Magistral kicks some serious ass. Man I can't wait to see them (yes this means that I'm coming \m/ ).

OMG. Where has Prymary been in my life? Just the song Common Ground is enough to make me go. This band is awesome. Its like the perfect mix of the prog-rock that I love, jazz (fusion) influences, and heavy metal.

haha I believe there was a discussion like this on those atlmetal forums we're a part of. I agree whole-heartedly about the jazz fusion influence.

Magistral kicks some serious ass. Man I can't wait to see them (yes this means that I'm coming \m/ )...

and concerning Krucible...

how kickass is this? I can't wait to see Lance perform again.

so it looks as though the ATL ProgPower Psycho-Hippie-Doom-Folk-Metal Bus may become a reality after all, eh? Or at least a caravan of metalheads from ATL to Houston. :loco:

Well I wanted to come out based on Dark Empire alone, and liking the other bands too... but I was still debating how much I wanted to spend on a mini-vacation, when I have music equipment I want to buy. But Prymary and Magistral, along with some anticipated announcement tipped me over the edge :)

Heehe. The drive is so long.. I think I'm going to fly. But from ATlanta its about $330 per person for air and hotel (staying friday till sunday... I know they might have something on thursday but I'm not sure if I can do both days).

Well I wanted to come out based on Dark Empire alone, and liking the other bands too... but I was still debating how much I wanted to spend on a mini-vacation, when I have music equipment I want to buy. But Prymary and Magistral, along with some anticipated announcement tipped me over the edge :)

Thanks Cheiron, glad to hear we finally reeled you into the boat :lol:

It might be a long drive, but it's not as bad when someone else is at the wheel and you're with good friends :) If you guys have a party bus from ATL to Houston, that would be the coolest thing ever! You'd HAVE to bring a video camera to catch some of the hijinx and document the trip (and then give it to us because we have a plan for the future *evil smile*)

We are excited about having you guys play, and I for one can't wait to hear you, and hang out again with you. Yeah folks we want a packed house, the more the merrier.