02-08-07: NEXT TWO BANDS ANNOUNCED

Since I am new to this, hopefully it comes out right. On behalf of Six Minute Century, we would like to welcome Meyvn and Dark Empire to the bill, as well as Eternity Black. We can't wait to open Saturday night. Patiently awaiting the next announcements.

Welcome Don, and to Six Minute Century. We are honored to have this awesome Texas band on our bill for TEXAS MADFEST, Ladies and Gents they will no disappoint, probably one of the best unsigned bands in Texas, or for that matter all of the US.:worship:

Yes I wrote we were opening Saturday night. Thank you all for the kind words. I hope we don't disappoint. I am writing this to see if my picture shows up. Not sure how this works. Look forward to the next announcement.

Yes I wrote we were opening Saturday night. Thank you all for the kind words. I hope we don't disappoint. I am writing this to see if my picture shows up. Not sure how this works. Look forward to the next announcement.
I wrote that you are going to start Saturday RIGHT ;) Perfect beginning to the day!

If you need help with your profile, I can lend a hand.

I think you should just announce the rest of the bands. I think holding on to the info worked well for festivals already established and trying to build some suspense but I think for a new festival it would work to your advantage to announce the lineup and try to hype it hot and heavy through all the other forums. Personally I'm finding myself frequenting the forum less frequently because of the lack of announcements.

I think you should just announce the rest of the bands. I think holding on to the info worked well for festivals already established and trying to build some suspense but I think for a new festival it would work to your advantage to announce the lineup and try to hype it hot and heavy through all the other forums. Personally I'm finding myself frequenting the forum less frequently because of the lack of announcements.

Not to step on any toes sh0kr0k, but I really think the poster is right. People that would be willing to come from abroad, think press amongst others, need a lot of time to make arrangements. Announcements in national and international magazines at an early date would give people the time to plan and ask and organize a leave.

Another argument is that people will have the time to buy and learn the material of the bands that will play this festival.

I mentioned this festival to the editors of the magazine I write for and they were not interested! I could name only four bands to them.

Hotel bookings and getting plane tickets are things that can not be arranged to early be it on a national or international scale.

It could be that some contracts still have to be signed that would be a reason to hold back but otherwise I would like to get the word out on the Texas MadFest! :headbang:

I have to take some of the blame for this myself. I kinda wanted to try and generate some buzz for the Festival, well you live and learn. So, with that said i will try and get back in a day or two with a major announcement.

Thank you!!! I will say that the last announcement did get my curiousity up. I'd never heard of Mevyn and had heard of Dark Empire and was impressed with songs I've heard from both bands.

I'm looking forward to hearing the whole lineup and would seriously consider coming down to Texas after hearing the whole lineup. I've made the travel to ProgPower a regular trip and am always interested in going to other parts of the country. :kickass:

Thank you!!! I will say that the last announcement did get my curiousity up. I'd never heard of Mevyn and had heard of Dark Empire and was impressed with songs I've heard from both bands.

I'm looking forward to hearing the whole lineup and would seriously consider coming down to Texas after hearing the whole lineup. I've made the travel to ProgPower a regular trip and am always interested in going to other parts of the country. :kickass:

Glad you're getting excited!! :D That's great! If it's any consolation, I moved to Texas from Michigan and it's great down here! One warning though - everything is different! Everything. Speedway is RaceTrac, there are no Meijer's, and the people can't drive to save their lives :p

Hope the rest of our line-up will get you down here! \m/

I have to take some of the blame for this myself. I kinda wanted to try and generate some buzz for the Festival, well you live and learn. So, with that said i will try and get back in a day or two with a major announcement.

I don't know if 'blame' it the right word here buddy. You did what you thought was best for the festival.

Looking forward to that announcement. :)

I'll take the blame because I convinced John to agree with me :p

The real reason I wanted to stretch it out is because we are having some issues with one of our headliners, and (without jinxing it) we're not totally sure if it will happen. We're not dragging it out because we want to be "cool" and "mysterious" and keep you guys biting your nails. Because we have to wait for some paperwork to go through with our final headliner, we are trying to "ration" our announcements right up until the point we find out about our headliner, so there isn't a big gap before releasing the name of the final band.

If you guys want the line-up minus one headliner, we can give it to ya ;) I'm telling you now, we're really fighting for this headliner, so we're actually willing to wait. But that means a long stretch between the last two announcements.

We could give it all to you right away and make you wait for the last one, or we can spread it out.

Hawk, you're totally right about all of your points, and we've taken all of that into consideration, though you saying it just reconfirms the urgency to get word out early! You rock, bro! Let's see if we can get your mag interested again! ;)

Glad you're getting excited!! :D That's great! If it's any consolation, I moved to Texas from Michigan and it's great down here! One warning though - everything is different! Everything. Speedway is RaceTrac, there are no Meijer's, and the people can't drive to save their lives :p

Hope the rest of our line-up will get you down here! \m/

I've been to Houston once...actually saw Particle at a club down there while I was visiting. The only thing I remember is having a helluva time finding cheap tickets outta detroit (or Lansing) to Houston. I think they were over $200.

I'll take the blame because I convinced John to agree with me :p

The real reason I wanted to stretch it out is because we are having some issues with one of our headliners, and (without jinxing it) we're not totally sure if it will happen. If you guys want the line-up minus one headliner, we can give it to ya ;) I'm telling you now, we're really fighting for this headliner, so we're actually willing to wait. But that means a long stretch between the last two announcements.

Hawk, you're totally right about all of your points, and we've taken all of that into consideration, though you saying it just reconfirms the urgency to get word out early! You rock, bro! Let's see if we can get your mag interested again! ;)

Thanks a lot! :)

I am so excited about this festival, I so want this to work and be a success! I am going to do everything in my power to get the editors interested, also because it means they would pick up the tab of the traveling costs. Well, at least partly I hope.

I hope you all will take the time that is needed but no second longer. :lol:
Good luck with your hard work! I appreciate it.

I've been to Houston once...actually saw Particle at a club down there while I was visiting. The only thing I remember is having a helluva time finding cheap tickets outta detroit (or Lansing) to Houston. I think they were over $200.

I'm heading back to MI at the end of March for WRESTLEMANIA and I'm having the same problem. Maybe I'll fly into Grand Rapids instead, I have family there anyway. Check out the rates from GR if that's a possibility for you.

Okay I take it all back. Just dicussed our new gameplan with John - we'll have everything announced by Monday, including both headliners and a possible 5th band for Saturday night!
:cool:

Game plan -
Friday morning: announce 1 band from Friday's roster
Saturday morning: announce Fri's headliner and Sat's 3rd band
Monday morning: announce Sat's headliner and possibly the 5th Sat band

I'm heading back to MI at the end of March for WRESTLEMANIA and I'm having the same problem. Maybe I'll fly into Grand Rapids instead, I have family there anyway. Check out the rates from GR if that's a possibility for you.

I live in Lansing so everything's relatively close for me. I'll definately be checking Grand Rapids for tix.