pop music industry

nogs00

still blue
May 9, 2001
nomad
Visit site
now that we're analyzing pop music, here's what i think. its nothing but business in the disguise of sound. we are talking about fashion endorsements, hollywood rumor tabloids, advertising airtime dollars on mtv, talk shows, etc.

music artists have cloned the movie industry!! many fail in one area and try to go into the other. or you have a board of executives assembling the next chart hits. its sickening to see my passion of music being exploited in the name of $$ :mad:

"artists" no longer worry about the content or composition of the music, but rather rely on how it will be delivered: a new way that will hopefully bring them exposure and fame.

luckily, i dont know who the fuck alicia keys is. :headbang: but that is probably because i dont own a tv / dont watch it. the media would be trying to infest my head with bullshiit

yes, well, this is an oft-lamented point on this board, and i agree totally of course.

once again to bring up mtv, this season on "the real world" they work for arista records, who apparently are trying to sign more rock groups. and it's sickeningly fascinating (like a car accident) to watch how a band is cultivated and marketed. and then just to add insult to injury, they call these bands metal. but you could've guessed that.

Wherefore care about the pop industry ? It's better not to look behind, but to look forward, and move on. What's the point of lamenting ?

-----------------------------------
NP: Prokofiev - Piano sonata No. 7