Popish Djentish type mix. Too harsh?

Everything is HUGELY lacking in low-end, mids and warmth, all I hear is high-end. Cut back on that high end, and get some 200-800hz into just about everything. Cool to see that you're from san diego, I used to live there.

Everything is HUGELY lacking in low-end, mids and warmth, all I hear is high-end. Cut back on that high end, and get some 200-800hz into just about everything. Cool to see that you're from san diego, I used to live there.

Wait. Used to? Whattttt? I knew you were in Oregon for college, but you moved there permanently?

And yeah, basically what he said. Better guitar tone and drum tones will go a long way as well.

Much better, man. Everything's starting to sound pretty sweet. The guitars have some fizyness that could be cut out, maybe around 5-8khz. I just read that you're the manager of Signature Sound! A friend of mine did a short internship there and I took a tour with my high school audio engineering teacher once she found out that I wanted to get into recording music, very cool high-quality sounding place.

Thanks man, yeah, I moved out here from Massachusetts a year ago and interned here for a while and then I became manager in September. With the move, not knowing anyone to record (or anyone period) and trying to stay afloat, I haven't really had time to practice engineering my own stuff so I feel like I'm kinda playing catch up to where I should be, but it is what it is, this is the second track I have really gotten to mix in the past year! Who was your friend here? I may have met him if it wasn't long ago.

Oh this was two or three years ago, at least. His name is Kenny Smith, he goes to school in LA so I'm not sure how much involvement he has/had with SS... your mix is sounding pretty seet so far, you've got some pretty nice equipment and rooms to work with there. I'm admittedly jealous.

Guitars are still lacking a little in the low end but thats only noticable when the bass isnt filling it out. Really liking the bass tone :)

Your guitars still need mids for me.
Not loads, but some.
At the moment they hardly have any...