Porcupine...trains

Deadlift said:
The best f*:&%ng song i heard in a long time!!

Porcupine tree "Trains"

DAMN!!!!

Does their old albums sound like that to??

Thanks man! Great song, I love it! :headbang:

I don't really like that song, it doesn't stand out for me as much as the others... however, I do kind of like 'Lips of Ashes' and instantly transcribed the solo, after the first time I'd heard it and yeah, every time it's on I play along.

The intro song has that awesome Opethian style heavy riff to start with... I also really like 'Russia on Ice' from Lightbulb Sun... awesome song... largely ambient, then awesome soloing ensues, then awesome thrash riffing.

Dreamer Deceiver said:
I guess that guy just really loves balls. :ill:

yeah but who blatantly wins out of porcupine tree and opeth... come on, PT is just some utterly pale, wimpy little shadow of anything opeth have ever done.

Neurotomania said:
yeah but who blatantly wins out of porcupine tree and opeth... come on, PT is just some utterly pale, wimpy little shadow of anything opeth have ever done.
who the hell turned this into an opeth vs. PT thread? why must you look at is as "oooh PT is basically shit compared to opeth"? lets just appreciate both bands together. i totally respect you dude, but lets not bash bands like them

Moonlapse said:
I don't really like that song, it doesn't stand out for me as much as the others... however, I do kind of like 'Lips of Ashes' and instantly transcribed the solo, after the first time I'd heard it and yeah, every time it's on I play along.

The intro song has that awesome Opethian style heavy riff to start with... I also really like 'Russia on Ice' from Lightbulb Sun... awesome song... largely ambient, then awesome soloing ensues, then awesome thrash riffing.

WHERE IS THIS TRANSCRIPTION?!!?!?! I NEED IT!!!!!

By the way, Trains and Lips of Ashes are tied for like, best songs in the history of ever. :p I like Lightbulb Sun more than In Absentia, though...the rest of in absentia doesn't really do it for me. Those two songs are just wow though.