Porcupine Tree - Ram's Head Live - Baltimore, MD 9/25/2009

Rick Pierpont

Odin's Court Guitar
Oct 1, 2003
Morrisville, NC
www.myspace.com
Anyone going to the Porcupine Tree show in Baltimore tonight? King's X is opening. When I looked yesterday it appeared to be sold out, but just checked and it appears that there are tickets available today. Tickets are $26 (+ $6.60 in fees).

I will be there! Leaving from work so I should be down there pretty early. Let me know if you're coming to the show!

I'm not going this time around. Just too far for me to go and I need to put in some overtime at work. I had heard that they would be coming back around in the spring and I'm hoping for a more local show than Ram's Head.

Anyone going to the Porcupine Tree show in Baltimore tonight? King's X is opening. When I looked yesterday it appeared to be sold out, but just checked and it appears that there are tickets available today. Tickets are $26 (+ $6.60 in fees).

I will be there! Leaving from work so I should be down there pretty early. Let me know if you're coming to the show!

Rick,

I caught the LA show with Big Elf. Awesome show. :headbang:

Enjoy!

GO! Saw the show in NYC last night and it was awesome. Kings X was a great opener and seem to be still on top of their game. The new PT was much more engaging live than when I heard it on CD. Now after the live show, the CD sounds great too. They have a very cool new video show, though sometimes I wish they'd just turn it off once and awhile so I could watch them play without distraction.

Still, fantastic show and well worth $30 + by a mile. Have some photos I'll post "soon" but, man am I BURIED in photos awaiting processing. Better get back to it....

I'm not going this time around. Just too far for me to go and I need to put in some overtime at work. I had heard that they would be coming back around in the spring and I'm hoping for a more local show than Ram's Head.
I hope you aren't waiting for them to come to Jaxx! Dude, the Ram's Head Live is one of the BEST venues in the mid-Atlantic! I love that place! RHL >>>> Jaxx! But I do understand about work.

Rick,

I caught the LA show with Big Elf. Awesome show. :headbang:

Enjoy!
Mike,

Awesome! I've always heard that they had a great live show, but have missed them in the past. Honestly, I wasn't as interested in the past either, but I guess my tastes have changed. I thought I was going to miss this too until a co-worker friend of mine told me he had an extra ticket.

Pagan's Mind and Porcupine Tree two days apart! :headbang:

Thanks!

GO! Saw the show in NYC last night and it was awesome. Kings X was a great opener and seem to be still on top of their game. The new PT was much more engaging live than when I heard it on CD. Now after the live show, the CD sounds great too. They have a very cool new video show, though sometimes I wish they'd just turn it off once and awhile so I could watch them play without distraction.

Still, fantastic show and well worth $30 + by a mile. Have some photos I'll post "soon" but, man am I BURIED in photos awaiting processing. Better get back to it....
Cool! This will be my first time and I'm looking forward to it! The venue is awesome too! You should make the trip to Baltimore sometime for a show at the Ram's Head Live.

Won't be going as I have something else I have to do this weekend, but you will love it. I've seen them five times, and they have always put on an amazing show.

And The Ram's Head rules. My favorite place to see a show around here.

dt

Mike,

Awesome! I've always heard that they had a great live show, but have missed them in the past. Honestly, I wasn't as interested in the past either, but I guess my tastes have changed. I thought I was going to miss this too until a co-worker friend of mine told me he had an extra ticket.

Pagan's Mind and Porcupine Tree two days apart! :headbang:

Thanks!

Be sure to hassle Wayne at Pagan's Mind for the both of us. May I suggest some tomatoes to hurl at him back stage?

Hey Rick,

rock out on that show. I lived about 10 miles south of there for most of my life-42 years. Live in FL now but a great venue and a great band live-ENJOY>

I sure hope that they come back in the Spring! I love PT, and I have never seen King's X play and people say that their live show is just amazing!

If in the spring nothing comes near me, I'll head to the west coast to see them (that's where I last saw them - at the House of Blues on the Strip).

I hope you aren't waiting for them to come to Jaxx! Dude, the Ram's Head Live is one of the BEST venues in the mid-Atlantic! I love that place! RHL >>>> Jaxx! But I do understand about work.

Actually, they usually come to the State Theater, which is a nice venue. They have played the 9:30 club as well.

No, PT would never play Jaxx. Way too small for them nowadays. (Tho, when I first saw them, they played at Phantasmagoria, opening for Gong. That was a strange show.)

I have a hundred more great memories at Jaxx than Rams Head could ever produce. I have had security RH be some of the worst even when they where in the wrong. I take Jaxx anyday.

I've been to the Ram's Head for a few shows - not nearly as many as Jaxx, but it's always been an enjoyable place for me.

Hey Rick,

rock out on that show. I lived about 10 miles south of there for most of my life-42 years. Live in FL now but a great venue and a great band live-ENJOY>
Thanks! I did! Wow - small world! I was born and raised about 6 -7 miles west of the venue in Catonsville. I moved right over the line in PA back in '92. Still a straight shot from downtown Baltimore ~40 minutes in good traffic. I agree about both the venue and the band!

I sure hope that they come back in the Spring! I love PT, and I have never seen King's X play and people say that their live show is just amazing!

If in the spring nothing comes near me, I'll head to the west coast to see them (that's where I last saw them - at the House of Blues on the Strip).
Yeah Babs, Kings X was excellent too. In a very different way, but very good band to see live! I hope they come close to you in the spring.

Actually, they usually come to the State Theater, which is a nice venue. They have played the 9:30 club as well.

No, PT would never play Jaxx. Way too small for them nowadays. (Tho, when I first saw them, they played at Phantasmagoria, opening for Gong. That was a strange show.)

OK, that makes sense based on venue sizes. I have never been to either though.

VERY true since Jaxx holds 550 and they have been filling up 1,500 seat houses. I think they would make a perfect Showcase headliner! (hint, hint Shane)

I have a hundred more great memories at Jaxx than Rams Head could ever produce. I have had security RH be some of the worst even when they where in the wrong. I take Jaxx anyday.

Wow! I can safely say that I have played many more shows at Jaxx, then I have attended at RHL and add in the Jaxx shows I've attended and it widens the gap. However, I have NEVER had any problems with security (in either place) and Ram's Head Live is much nicer in terms of, well everything, that it isn't even a fair comparison. I love going to shows at RHL and would LOVE to play there sometime too!