Porcupine Tree!!

Kvlt Wench

sews no mercy
Jun 23, 2003
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Played at the Warfield in San Francisco tonight. Absolutely fucking amazing. Best show I've seen them put on, for sure. 3, the opening band wasn't bad either, considering that PT usually has such shit openers.

Emma and I got there at about 3:30 and talked to some old people who were way into Porcupine Tree, and were later joined by Veronica, Anthony, Rae, and Sam. We got in the front row, although unfortunately there was a huge barrier between the crowd and the stage. :(

They played for about two hours, including the entirety of the new album. Setlist:
img3236sk7.jpg

Drown With Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:OMG:

No Trains, but I've seen them play it three times already, so that's alright. It was nice to hear shit they usually don't play, like Lightbulb Sun and Gravity Eyelids and Sever. The sound was excellent, and no technical fuckups like last time. They were way into the music, and Steven Wilson was extraordinarily sexy as usual.

There were some real jackasses standing next to us up front who looked like total bros. Two of them fell over or something, cause they were on the ground for a while. And some tards tried to start moshing during Blackest Eyes. One of my friends brought a sign that said "Coldplay are still wankers" (in reference to http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/ficaXstretta/coldplayarewankers.jpg if you're out of the loop).

As always, the Warfield was surrounded by masses of crackheads, all of whom we fucked with mightily. Now enjoy some pictards.

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3227-1.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

3 played with them?! That's awesome! 3 is amazing. Check out their cd wake pig, definitely some great prog rock there.