Porcupine Tree - We Lost The Skyline and Lightbulb Sun Reissue

Oct 23, 2006
Québec City, Québec, Canada
I just order the two. For a limited time the lightbulb sun reissue comes with a bonus 2 track cd featuring instrumental songs(Novak and Buying a new soul, the original 14 minutes instrumental version). THe CD/DVD package features 5.1 sound as well as 3 bonus tracks from the lightbulb sun era.

We Lost the Skyline is a live semi-acoustic cd. Recorded in a store or something. Any of you already got it?

Lightbulb sun was out of print for some a couple of years now. It was a normal move to re-release it and add bonus stuff like a 5.1 mix. They did the same thing with Stupid Dream and they'll do it for Recordings as well later this year.

Lightbulb sun was out of print for some a couple of years now. It was a normal move to re-release it and add bonus stuff like a 5.1 mix. They did the same thing with Stupid Dream and they'll do it for Recordings as well later this year.

Really? I didn't know that. So, was the first edition 2cd release, or do I have a different one?

You have the special edition release in 2001. It features:

BONUS CD #2
Buying New Soul - edit (taken from forthcoming "Recordings")
Pure Narcotic (from "Stupid Dream")
Tinto Brass - live at Southampton (taken from "Pure Narcotic" single)
Piano Lessons VIDEO

Right?

You have the special edition release in 2001. It features:

BONUS CD #2
Buying New Soul - edit (taken from forthcoming "Recordings")
Pure Narcotic (from "Stupid Dream")
Tinto Brass - live at Southampton (taken from "Pure Narcotic" single)
Piano Lessons VIDEO

Right?

Yep, that's it.

^I have that one, but I also bought the 5.1 mix the other day off burning shed. Their 5.1 mixes are quite good, looking forward to lightbulb. I tend to listen to the 5.1 mixes more than the stereo cds; of the albums that have a 5.1 mix.

I am just going to buy the Lightbulb Sun reissue when I see it in the shops. I'm not really interested in the bonus disc, although PT are ranked very high among my favourite bands. I still haven't decided if I'm gonna buy the live album though...

i have been trying to buy lightbulb sun on ebay for the past early 2 years, but it always sells for way too much. im so glad ill finally have this cd!