Portland, OR 7/28/07 show pics

FireMarshal

Jul 23, 2007
:kickass: The show was amazing. I havent had time this past week to post some of these pics. The opening two acts were ok, not that great, Sanctity's vocalist is not a good fit for the music IMO. Echoes of Eternity was not bad.

SX came on, and man:
Set the World on Fire was a great track to open the show :headbang:
Domination, great track too IMO.
Serpents Kiss, I could have done without
Paradise Lost :headbang:
Inferno, eh...I would have liked to see Through the Looking Glass in place of this and Serpents Kiss.
Smoke and Mirrors, the oooOOOooo thing with the crowd was cool
Walls of Babylon :headbang:
Sea of Lies people knew about Michael Romeo's solo here, was amazing to watch, he took it so effortlessly.
Of Sins and Shadows, :headbang: one of my favorites
The Odyssey :OMG: this was worth the price of admission alone

There was no moshing, some people started jumping around and stuff, but nothing came of it, you could tell that 98% of the people were there to LISTEN and SEE SX, and would not have any moshers around. The concert happened in the smaller section of the venue, and I was a little disappointed in the turnout, about ~300 heads or so. Worked well for me, I got a spot nearly in between Russell Allen and Michael Lepond. I did not stick around after the concert, though I am wishing I did. I had a really busy day the next day, and was actually relieved that the concert was over before midnight (11:30 or so)

All in all, this was my first time seeing SX, and they did not let me down :worship: Here are some pics, the quality is not that great, as I took my standard camera instead of my digital, oh wells. Also, the sound was terrific IMO, I would have liked to hear Russell's vocals more though.

36950004.jpg

36950016.jpg

36950012.jpg

36950009.jpg

36950017.jpg

36950019.jpg

36950023.jpg

37060001.jpg

Hic, I feel very sad when see the song list. :( I wish they could come to Viet Name. Just once, once! I cant express how I 'm ravenous when reading this topic. Set the world on fire, Sea of Lies, Paradise Lost, the walls of babylon... T_T And even with The Odyssey. :(( Thanks for posting these pic, my friend!