possible soundcard substitution - up to 200€

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So, I ordered last friday an USB soundcard the e-mu 0404 usb and I heard from a friend/producer that only recently these cards are USB 2.0 and that I would certainly get a USB 1.1 card instead. That scares me. Considering that I have 30 days money back guarantee, I looked at the delta 1010 LT which costs about 200€. However, to avoid making the same mistake, is there any card that is "the shit" these days? 2-3 years ago, the delta 1010 was hugely raved around here, so if anyone knows one other card (can be internal or external) that's better and can work according to my budget or a small excess of, I would appreciate to know.

Thanks

usb soundcard uses more cpu power than fw interfaces, so for audio is recomended use fw interfaces..they are more stable.....if you have a ti chipset...

I'm sorry guys, but I re-read my post and I noticed it's bit a confusing. What my friend said is that only recently EMU started shipping the USB 2.0 version of their 0404 audio interface and that I most likely had bought a 1.1 USB 0404 version instead. :)

Frankly, I'm not sure if the computer I'm about to buy has FireWire in it, however, I'm open to suggestions on internal cards and I am trying to figure out whether I should head towards the M-Audio Delta 1010 LT or not.

I would be very surprised if it's NOT a USB 2.0 interface. As far as I know it has always been that way.Is your friend mistaking it for the PCI Emu 0404 ? It's a whole different thing than the 0404usb.