Possible Surtur Rising bootleg?

Warrior of the North

New Metal Member
Apr 24, 2014
No one wants to help me on Discogs,so this seems the right place to go.
I got Surtur Rising yesterday,it was sealed. When I checked the matrix code (I do that with every CD,no matter how trusty it seems) and it looked like this :
A0101741536-0102 15 A05. It should have ended with A02.Any ideas ?

Don't know about the matrix number, will check my copies. Can you explain why it should end with A02? I'm not too familiair with the "science" behind matrix numbers.

Ah. This is a Sony DADC , jewel case version , nothing fancy. I am not sure if it is a bootleg,because it doesn't look like one and it came sealed and in a package full of that soft foam they use for electronics. But the IFPI on the very first ring in the middle does not match the second IFPI code on the second ring ... I am not sure about that , could someone clarify the IFPI code?

Don't know about the matrix number, will check my copies. Can you explain why it should end with A02? I'm not too familiair with the "science" behind matrix numbers.

There is not so much science. The matrix number is just a code that you check on discogs and it tells you which version you have. It should end with A02 because that is the original,but this could be another press that these idiots didn't put on discogs just to piss me off. If it has the very same code but one digit doesn't match the original , that is a worthless bootleg,not worth even $2. The IFPI code is the more complicated one and its about the laser that engraved the CD. Best quality CDs will have an IFPI like 1-1-1.

Ah. This is a Sony DADC , jewel case version , nothing fancy. I am not sure if it is a bootleg,because it doesn't look like one and it came sealed and in a package full of that soft foam they use for electronics. But the IFPI on the very first ring in the middle does not match the second IFPI code on the second ring ... I am not sure about that , could someone clarify the IFPI code?

Mine don't match either, I wouldn't worry about it. I've got 94Y4 on the inner ring and L555 on the outer.