Post a picture of your favorite rpg and a brief explanation

deathstrike from hell

Deathstrike lambtron
Aug 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
448-B0009PND7S.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Shin megami tensei nocturne (of lucifers call for the pal regions)

I love the game for the underlying sense of cynicism. The protagonist develops into a really amazing character. You really feel for the characters in the game. I love the fact that dante from devil may cry makes an appearance. Lots of occult references, and summoning demons to aid you is always great.

It's a very hard game to find (an upwards of 80 dollars used), and is probably the single hardest rpg for the ps2 by FAR. But very rewarding if you can get all of the endings.

Make sure to have 80+ hours available to beat it.

Might as well close the thread now.

mariorpgbox.jpg

Need I say anything?

Morrowind.jpg

I know I know, combat sucks. But I've yet to find a game with a better story line, atmosphere, lore, and stuff to find! I just really love the reincarnation, casting down of false gods, etc. Plus I'm totally gay for any game with races and classes.

Mario RPG was also great. I'm playing Gothic 2 right now and I really love it. A few people consider Shenmue an RPG, I don't, but if it was that would be my favorite.

180px-Geno.jpg

Geno is super cool!

Diablo-2.jpg

always a classic, loved the atmosphere and the system is unbeatable, only slasher that doesn't get repetitve and boring, besides a few choice others.

EDIT: and that is a big damn picture

auron_final_fantasy_x_-_bruce_willi.jpg

Final Fantasy X

The games storyline sucked me in completely. This game is right next to VIII, I got into the characters in VIII, especially Squall cause he reminds me of myself.

I have a lot of good RPG's that i like

Silent Hill is up there of course...when it comes to games it hard to make a decision, each one has there own flaws.

My favorite part of VIII was where you're assassinating Edea "who is all kinds of sexy" and that cool music was playing in the background. That night was so epic. Not just fighting her but the whole build up to it.

ffviii_balambgarden1.jpg.w560h375.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII.

I have been a fan of the Final Fantasy series since the first game released in the US on the NES. The reason why I like 8 over 7 is kind of complicated but for multiple reasons. I prefer the OST of 8 over 7's OST, I like the more 'futuristic' setting of 8 over 7's mixture of 'futuristic' and traditional atmosphere and I like the twist in 8's storyline more than 7's. Sure, Sephiroth is a fucking badass but quite honestly, I think Squall is a better character than Cloud. 7 had a good twist to it but it wasn't really a twist. It was more of a developing story as to where 8 had a crazy twist towards the end of the game. The way it was put together was insane and is hard to explain, really. Also, the graphics were alot better. Rinoa had round boobs as to where Tifa's boobs were squares.

i dont like rpg. i like games like Quake II and Unreal Tournament where you grab a gun and start shooting people in the face immediately.

unless Vice City counts as rpg haha.

^^ ahahah. I like both fps and rpgs, but if I had a choice to make, I'd take a RPG, since the replayability value is much higher (and because I've played too many fucking fps in my life). I just completed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox live arcade. Does it count as a RPG? Anyway, great game.

Besides this, I heard The Witcher is a great RPG, although my brother says the combat sucks.

Silent Hill is not a RPG btw.

Diablo II was excellent, as was FFVIII. Fable was pretty good......

all in all, I think the first Knights of the Old Republic is my favorite RPG, with Mass Effect coming in second place. The stories Bioware create beat most of the shit we see in Hollywood nowadays. Oblivion gets in third place.

Edit: Forgot the pic:
1414.jpg

and the second place:

mass-effect-jaquette-europeene-00.jpg

short? it must have taken me around 40 hours to 45 hours to beat the first game and 30-35 hours to beat the second. Sure, this is no Morrowind with its 250 hours of travelling around fighting giant birds, but still.

KOTOR was great as well, III is gonna be great!

i still need to play Mass Effect and I forgot about The Witcher as well..damn

i also need to sqeeze Legend of Dragoon in my list, agian, its to difficult to decide on 1 favorite for me.

KOTOR was great as well, III is gonna be great!

i still need to play Mass Effect and I forgot about The Witcher as well..damn

i also need to sqeeze Legend of Dragoon in my list, agian, its to difficult to decide on 1 favorite for me.

never heard of a Kotor 3, do you have any sources?