Post a picture of your favorite rpg and a brief explanation

As cool as he was, he was a wimp. They made him out to be such a cool guy.

MASS EFFECT:

Now this game was fucking amazing... the voice acting, the way they laid out the talking... Man. Awesome.

Still doesn't rank as #1 though. Super Mario RPG!!!

^^ yeah, some people complain about the many conversations. I say about fucking times we have a real driven by characters story.

oh and I've beaten the game as a paragon. I started a new game, but I just can't make the renegade choices. My conscience won't let go :S

i remember fighting some crazy shit in mario rpg. love the power ranger bad guys, and that ultra hard challenge of those 5 guys in that secret room. if you beat them you get final fantasy victory music.

and fuck getting the jumping shoes. that was rediculous.

with all the success of that game i wonder why a sequel was never made. nintendo whores mario out

oh and I've beaten the game as a paragon. I started a new game, but I just can't make the renegade choices. My conscience won't let go :S
Yea, I always have the same problem with these kind of games. KOTOR was the same.

I'm the same way!!! I was only able to be evil on one game:Neverwinter Nights because I was a badass Drow elf. They really should make a Mario RPG sequel instead of stupid Paper Marios. Culex was hard! I don't think I ever beat him.

Anvils Mario is headbanging along with the song I'm listening to.

Eve-Online.

Its an RPG in space.
eveonline.gif

PST.jpg

Planescape: Torment. It's not about saving the world, it's not about killing the big bad demon - it's about one man who wakes up on a slab in the Mortuary, with no idea who he is or why he keeps surviving the most horrible wounds, with scars as the worst consequences. His search for identity draws others to him, who all have one thing in common, and this leads them across the planes, out to the farthest expanses of the multiverse, and into the deepest of their own souls.

This is, without a doubt, the best RPG ever.

Is it the one released in 1999? Yay my computer can run it! I shall get it!

Hmm I read on wikipedia it's set in the Forgotten Realms, is it traditional fantasy or sci fi?

Is it the one released in 1999? Yay my computer can run it! I shall get it!
Good luck - it's wickedly expensive on eBay... :(

Hmm I read on wikipedia it's set in the Forgotten Realms, is it traditional fantasy or sci fi?
It's not set in the Forgotten Realms, it's set in the Planescape setting, another AD&D campaign. It's a kind of grim, twisted fantasy. Don't expect damsels in distress and gallant knights.

I'm the same way!!! I was only able to be evil on one game:Neverwinter Nights because I was a badass Drow elf. They really should make a Mario RPG sequel instead of stupid Paper Marios. Culex was hard! I don't think I ever beat him.

Anvils Mario is headbanging along with the song I'm listening to.

a ha! that was his name. culex. yeah, if you manage to beat him you get the final fantasy battle music.

Shifting gears, i remember how happy i was when i finally beat ruby and emerald weapon in final fantasy 7! i was able to beat emerald without knowing about emerald materia. (quadra+ mime + knights of the round table)

bof2j.jpg

Another great series. Theres actually 5 breath of fires (if you count the inferior dragon quarters game)

I picked the second because it was about the evils of modernized religion, and what could possibly happen if the world was brainwashed with evil. Very good game, but not as hard as the famicom counterpart.

Characters have great depth and personality. The only problem I have with the breath of fire series is the difficulty. I beat this when I was 13.

lunar_eternal_blue_-_sega_cd_-_front.jpg

Lunar: eternal blue. This game is amazing, and it's very very long. The only complaint I have is the sprites for the characters were literally 4 pixels big.

PST.jpg

Planescape: Torment. It's not about saving the world, it's not about killing the big bad demon - it's about one man who wakes up on a slab in the Mortuary, with no idea who he is or why he keeps surviving the most horrible wounds, with scars as the worst consequences. His search for identity draws others to him, who all have one thing in common, and this leads them across the planes, out to the farthest expanses of the multiverse, and into the deepest of their own souls.

This is, without a doubt, the best RPG ever.

I only heard good things about this game.... maybe I should try to download it.

Btw, the new Kingdom Under Fire is pretty boring, don't buy that game.