Post a picture of your favorite rpg and a brief explanation

ohh and Wolftribe, I heard there was an Eve Online 2??? If I can get a new computer I'll probably get this.

Legacy_of_Kain_Defiance_pc.jpg

Best story imo

It's a real tragedy that no more legacy of kain or soul reavers will be coming out. This series was a real turning point in the war against the esrb, and was graphically (the first game) way ahead of it's time.

LOVE the voice acting in the series. Nupraptor and vorador were always my favorites. The scene that gets me in this game is when raziel is sent back down to hell. Highly recommended game.

Well i recommend all series , i was to bored to post images from the 4 previous ones

all in all, I think the first Knights of the Old Republic is my favorite RPG, with Mass Effect coming in second place. The stories Bioware create beat most of the shit we see in Hollywood nowadays. Oblivion gets in third place.

[/IMG]
yeah i love biowares style, which is why when i heard that mass effect was by bioware i immedately got up out of my chair and bought it.

I've really wanted to play that game...
yeah it looks cool but supposedly reallly hardcore.

never heard of a Kotor 3, do you have any sources?

it's all speculation right now there rumors that it's going to be an MMO, some that Bioware won't be doing it etc.

if it will be an MMO and made by bioware i will cream.

Btw , have you guys tried Hellgate London ? The creators of diablo made this game ... good one , its in 2050 something like that with some gates that lead to hell and some other hellish creatures , but i you need a good pc to play this shit :p

Hellgate-London-DV.jpg

Hellgate London wasn't all that great.

My buddy is completely immersed into it.

I liked it but i prefer the rpg with swords and armors not guns and lightsabers and hell knows what kinda of new tech

ohh and Wolftribe, I heard there was an Eve Online 2??? If I can get a new computer I'll probably get this.

Ummm no theres no Eve Online 2, but there has been a number of rather large expansions.

Heres my favorite Eve Trailer:
http://ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/video/2/NoOtherDestiny.wmv
Though that one was from before the last expansion which had a huge graphics improvement.
Here's the trailer for the new expansion (note these are all in game footage, real graphics, none of it is pre-rendered)
http://ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/video/2/trinity_trailer_1280x720.wmv

Ummm no theres no Eve Online 2, but there has been a number of rather large expansions.

Heres my favorite Eve Trailer:
http://ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/video/2/NoOtherDestiny.wmv
Though that one was from before the last expansion which had a huge graphics improvement.
Here's the trailer for the new expansion (note these are all in game footage, real graphics, none of it is pre-rendered)
http://ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/video/2/trinity_trailer_1280x720.wmv

cool stuff, but how is the combat? Is it like Freespace or stuff? Or more like a standart rpg with "spells (sorta)" and stuff. Can you have a small fighter or a giant Juggernauth ship?

cool stuff, but how is the combat? Is it like Freespace or stuff? Or more like a standart rpg with "spells (sorta)" and stuff.
Its more like the latter I suppose. Its not a FPS, so you don't really have direct control over your ship. However, theres still a lot that goes into combat, and the battles can get pretty epic sometimes.
Can you have a small fighter or a giant Juggernauth ship?
Yeah, you start out only able to fly a small frigate, but you can eventually fly the bigger and badder ones. The largest ships in the game are Titans, and there are only 2 or 3 in the whole game.

Yes! Dice and paper games are always better than the video game variety. My favorite is TORG. It wasn't as popular as many others, but the sheer variety packed into one setting was incredible.

OMG! I so miss the table top games :( You can't get the peeps together anymore.

Ok, I am the biggest geek, dork, nerd on the planet. However, I hate star trek! And I'm not a huge fan of star wars. But I do love me some RPG's! There are far too many to list and I haven't decided on a pick yet but give me some time, I will put my finger on one before too long. Aside from AD&D I am also a WOW player. I take long long breaks from it, and don't get to play enough but oh yes, I play it :lol: Not only that, but love the RP servers. That is a geek among the WOW geeks. Although my Main is on a regular server. I'm also a chronic server jumper, I have characters all over the place.

Final fantasy, allthough I need to play the newer installments of it. (I have them I just haven't played them yet) Diablo 2, is all kick ass. Might and Magic 3 through 8, Silk road online is a good free wow alternative that I used to play when I was being a cheap bastard. I used to even play some AD&D post based games online. It's just soo god damn slow unless it's a live voice chat or chat room game. Morrowind I love like no tomorrow.

And another game that I always enjoyed, but it's more of a strategy game then an RPG, is Dungeon keeper 2. An oldie but goodie.