Post black metal

don't mind rilo kiley dude. He's recently found indie rock and he feels the need to fellate himself and tell everyone how wrong they are for liking metal. In a few years maybe he'll figure out that's rather dumb and realize indie rock and metal don't have the same goals and it's stupid to compare one to the other and make some kind of "objective" ruling which is better.

Yah, it's hard to compare (if not impossible to intellectualy compare) one style of music to the next. They all have diffrent concepts and general focal points.

As for Post-Black Metal, I enjoy Arcturus, so if the rest of the bands are similiar then I'll check them out.

Mumblefood said:
don't mind rilo kiley dude. He's recently found indie rock and he feels the need to fellate himself and tell everyone how wrong they are for liking metal. In a few years maybe he'll figure out that's rather dumb and realize indie rock and metal don't have the same goals and it's stupid to compare one to the other and make some kind of "objective" ruling which is better.

i objectively state that your 100 or whatever cd mix of ambient music is gay as hell and that you're a pretentious fuck and also that you just got trollllllllled

Spectacular Views said:
i objectively state that your 100 or whatever cd mix of ambient music is gay as hell and that you're a pretentious fuck and also that you just got trollllllllled

Well check you out, uber-troll.

Jesus, what a EDITED BY POSTER.

jana hunter - 'blank unstaring heirs of doom'
half-handed cloud - 'thy is a word ... and feet need lamps'
optiganally yours - 'exclusively talentmaker!'
gogol bordello - 'gypsy punks underdog world strike'
south - 'from here on in'
joanna newsom - 'the milk-eyed mender'
mirah - 'to all we stretch the open arm'
silver jews - 'american water'
frog eyes - 'the golden river'
damien jurado - 'on my way to absence'

the only one worth noting is Min Tid Skal Komme from FLeurety. An essential album. THough I'm not sure how "post" it is considering it was released in the mid 90s...way ahead of its time.

THe Linear Scaffold is OK I guess, but Solefald sucks otherwise. Never got into post Nattens Ulver or Arcturus.