Post-Rock (Pod Farm 2, SD2.0)

I think the glitch thing sounds OK, as I'm used to listening to post-rock stuff with more synth and glitchy stuff -- like God Is An Astronaut. But I agree, the guitars are a tad too loud, and the kick drum actually sounds like it needs a bit more slight EQ boosts in the 2k-6k range to bring in a little bite -- it sounds a bit too muffled at the moment. Maybe also do some minor cuts around the 300-500hz range for the kick too.

I also think you should change up the drum patterns a bit more.... add more variation, make it interesting drum wise. The intro drum sequence (After the glitching) goes on for a while without much change and it's distracting from the song. Otherwise, I think the song is great! I think by spending more time programming the drums will add emphasis to the other elements in the mix and really help balance it out and come alive.

By the way, I absolutely LOVE post-rock! Would you be interested in rendering down and uploading stems to your project? I'd love to have a chance at mixing it. There's always so much Metal stuff to practice mixing around here, and I'm always on the lookout for some post-rock stuff to practice on. haha. If you're interested in that, make a new thread and post the link to that thread here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/515941-list-raw-songs-our-mixing-practice.html. (Maybe post a link in this thread too since I'm subscribed to this one so I'll know about it. lol)

Anyway, great job!

Those chords sound a lot like a song I wrote a while ago

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
god, I love post-rock. your song kinda gave me goose bumps, although the mix sounded a bit "insecure", like.. some post-rock sounds like it was recorded with 1 mic in a garage, and some post-rock is well produced. this was somewhere in between.

I dont know what happened but i just listened to it again and it sounds like a big muddy mess haha, im going to fix that and update again. edit: fixed and replaced.