Post some band trivia...

^ That just makes it funnier ... like Mille from Kreator not even really liking metal and especially thrash :p

It's actually reassuring to know that the large majority of bands don't take what the sing about seriously... all the while extra saddening that the fans do.

I had a guy at a gig actually get upset and yell at me cause we didn't arrive at the gig in a pirate ship nor did we live on one... With no hint of irony and a tongue so far from his cheek, called me a fraud...
I should mention, this gig was in Switzerland... which is, you know... heavily landlocked.

I have hundreds of these about crazy/creepy folk metal fans.

It's actually reassuring to know that the large majority of bands don't take what the sing about seriously... all the while extra saddening that the fans do.

I had a guy at a gig actually get upset and yell at me cause we didn't arrive at the gig in a pirate ship nor did we live on one... With no hint of irony and a tongue so far from his cheek, called me a fraud...
I should mention, this gig was in Switzerland... which is, you know... heavily landlocked.

lol that´s awesomely pathetic

hahahaha

poor bastard waited his whole life to meet a real pirate and he got you instead :D

thats fucking gold

I'd be really interested to read one of these interviews if you have a link. I've read some and never heard him say that.

Don't have links. I was talking about print interviews. First read that in the German Metal Hammer around when "Enemies" came out and then again in either Metal Hammer or Rock Hard when "TGE" dropped. If I'll manage to find on of these old issues, I'll be posting a scan.. don't know how well your German is though. ;)

The closest to a confirmation to this that I can find online is this:

Did you learn their material when you first started playing guitar?

Yeah, lots of Yngwie stuff. I was in a cover band ages ago and we picked up on a lot of that stuff, spending hours and hours until we got it right. You could say that really had an effect on my playing now. I still try to keep the technical approach up there but at the same time I concentrate on being a good songwriter as well.

http://metal-rules.com/interviews/Nevermore-July2003.htm

I never questioned what I read in those magazines. I mean that dude has basically Absolute Pitch and used to practice all day when he picked the guitar up again with 14, so not starting from zero. He flew across the country when he auditioned for Megadeth when he was 16, nailing Chris Poland and Jeff Young's parts, so I think it is quite conceivable that he could play Yngwie songs at 14 or 15. In one of those mags, they even mentioned a certain Yngwie song he used to play. I think it was "Black Star" or "Far Beyond The Sun".

I never questioned what I read in those magazines. I mean that dude has basically Absolute Pitch and used to practice all day when he picked the guitar up again with 14, so not starting from zero. He flew across the country when he auditioned for Megadeth when he was 16, nailing Chris Poland and Jeff Young's parts, so I think it is quite conceivable that he could play Yngwie songs at 14 or 15. In one of those mags, they even mentioned a certain Yngwie song he used to play. I think it was "Black Star" or "Far Beyond The Sun".

Yes I've also heard all that, except for the age. From what I now he did all this stuff around 16. I don't care if he practiced 24/7, playing yngwie's solos note for note in less than a year after he started playing guitar is an exaggeration. Unless I hear it from himself I will keep having my doubts.

Rocky Gray started off as keyboardist for a death metal band called Shredded Corpse, then joined the steadily growing Living Sacrifice as lead guitarist. Shortly after the breakup of Living Sacrifice, Rocky became the touring drummer for the hit band Evanescence. He cut the drums on their second album and then left band, resurrecting Living Sacrifice and it's related group Soul Embraced. He plays guitar for both.

Pretty much everyone in Norther except Tuomas is a cunt.

KISS get paid over 1.5million per fesitval gig and have like 30 rooms including costume repair and pyro.

Abbath from immortal does some hilariously silly impressions when he thinks no-one is listening.

Dave Mustaine was homeless, living in a rehearsal studio when he wrote the song "Peace Sells". He didn't have any paper so he composed the lyrics on the wall with a Sharpie pen.

The bassline from the song's opening was used by MTV news, but Dave never got paid for the use of the song. Dave explains "They didn't give me a penny. They cut it off right before they'd have to pay me, which was very clever. I don't think anybody with a conscience at MTV did that — it was probably somebody in their legal department."

Source

53Crëw;9233230 said:
Dave Mustaine was homeless, living in a rehearsal studio when he wrote the song "Peace Sells". He didn't have any paper so he composed the lyrics on the wall with a Sharpie pen.

The bassline from the song's opening was used by MTV news, but Dave never got paid for the use of the song. Dave explains "They didn't give me a penny. They cut it off right before they'd have to pay me, which was very clever. I don't think anybody with a conscience at MTV did that — it was probably somebody in their legal department."

Source

Hahaha, owned.

What goes around, comes around. Dave's always been a dickhead.

Pretty much everyone in Norther except Tuomas is a cunt.

:erk:

Rock band Van Halen had a provision in their contract demanding M&Ms backstage with the brown ones removed. This was a way of seeing if the promoters read the contract. If they saw brown M&Ms, they knew there would be problems with the show.

Axl Rose [Guns 'n' Roses] used to earn $8 an hour for smoking cigarettes; for a science experiment at UCLA.

Elvis Presley once entered an Elvis look-a-like contest in a US burger bar and only came 3rd!!

Billie Jean' by Michael Jackson was the first video to air on MTV by a black artist

Puff Daddy/P Diddy throws away his trainers after wearing them for just one day

Pat O'Brien does the same thing as P-Diddy, but with his socks and on tour ;)
Matt Sinner is a real fucktard
Some guy from Japanische Kampfhörspiele was involved in licking some scandinavian
girl on the Death Feast (not sure about the location) with a few other guys
Eric Adams (Manowar) wrote a book about hunting with a bow

Oh and Vince Neil got a blowjob from the aunt of a good friend of mine (his mother
screamed it during an argument they, the mother and the aunt, had at his birthday...)