post the image you're using for desktop wallpaper here

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
Sadat%20Assassination.jpg

a still from the image of the assassination of Egypt's president Sadat in 1981. he was killed by islamic radicals during a military parade on LIVE TELEVISION. an array of jets swooped suspiciously low and close overhead, causing everyone to look up, and when they did, a bunch of guerillas ran toward the grandstand and gunned the fuck out of him. you can watch videos of it happening, and the cameras emulate everyone there: they follow the planes, and suddenly there are sharp sounds and they jerk downward and you see a bunch of dudes emptying assault rifles into the president.

they say that sadat saw them coming and instead of cowering, stood tall and faced them before being blown to pieces. awesome.

beyond_640x480.jpg

nowhere near as exciting an explanation as xfer's. I have the bigger version of the image that fits my desktop size (1280x1024). just a decent band with good design sense, that is all.

is it squeezed to a square giving you banking-clan head?

also, a postscript to mine: many people also say Sadat was looking upward at the planes when the shooting started, so it was less courage than ignorance. :)