Post your consert-memories!

TheAvenger

Amon Amarth Lover
Nov 1, 2005
Sweden
Me and my friend, my bigsister and her boyfriend gets drove up to Valhalla Folkparken, where 2000 Decibel, in Bengtsfors (where i actually live), is going to be. At this moment, me and my friend were 12 years old (we are 13 now).The first thing i saw was the parkingplace, where it stood lots of cars, and some drunk guys. I jumped out of the car, my friend followed me and we rushed towards the place where you give them the money and gets this thing glued around your arm. We run towards the scene wich is inside a small building, and watch Defleshed. When they had played, we ran to the big scene, just to see Amon Amarth havnt started playing; Falconer was playing. So we stood close the scene, just to be in front row when Amon Amarth was about to play. We hold our ears and tried to avoid all the headbanging going on. Then when they were finished, the crowd started to leave, and me and my friend ran to first row (where they headbang). Finally, i see Johan go across the scene, and Fredrik walked to the drums, changed cymbals, and tried the double-pedals. Finally, the consert starts, and i cant really remember, but i think they started playing An ancient sign of coming storm. Then i wanted to headbang, but if i did, my friend would think i were crazy, haha. They played along, and i tried to not headbang. When it was over, we ran to the place they give autographs, and we waited, we waited, we waited. And hey, there they came! We got our autographs, and i said "Fyfan vilken bra spelning!" (Damn what a good consert!), and Johan hegg said "Tycker du det?" (You think?). I said "Ja fyfan vad bra ni är" (Damn you are so good). And i buyed a amon amarth-tshirt. That was the best day in my life.

NOTE: If you guys in AA remember a longhaired young guy, that was me, hehe.

Now post your consert-memories!

$HaMbLeZz said:
a longhaired young guy? that's impossible to forget^^

Hahaha, really, that also made me laugh. Dont know why i said that but i have friggen long hair to be 13 years old, lemme post a picture sometime.

transient said:
dont ever hold back headbanging either,that ruins the fun

Yeah, i will try to not hold it back next time, it really ruins all fun, but atleast you have a good time listening to Amon Amarth ^^

transient said:
youre a young guy to be into good metal so early.

Yeah, if i like the music, no-one can stop me from listening to it.

I went to see AA on August 14th in the Netherlands this year. It was bloody excellent. First Cataract and Impious played (support acts, obviously) and then Amon Amarth filled the stage and the hall with An Ancient Sign Of Coming Storm.

Bought two shirts there, the Mjolnir one with "VIKING" written on the lower back, and the Runes shirt with "BÄRSÄRK" written on the lower back.

heh, not many 13 year old guys have as long hair as me...

Cool L33ch, they started with An Ancient... on that consert too? Nice choice of shirts, i have the "Viking" one of those (i have 3 AA-shirts)

hee hee... the first time i saw amon amarth... i had no idea what the guys looked like... i thought fredrik was just the merch guy...

>Andersson
jo fyfan asså, det var en dag man aldrig glömmer. jag var nog där enbart för att få se er, haha.

Nej du, det var inte mig ni ritade i ansiktet, men det skulle ju ha varit ballt , hehe.
måste säga att de va ballt att snacka med dig , haha.

L33ch said:
Can't read that D:

Stupid Worldlingo translator not having Swedish >_>

Hehe, he said :
"It was great to hear you had fun. Could it be you that we drawed on the face? haha"

Just so you know, he's the actual Fredrik from the band :headbang:

TheAvenger said:
Just so you know, he's the actual Fredrik from the band :headbang:

but it'd be more entertaining if it wasn't ACTUALLY fredrik from the band... but just some random guy claiming to be him...
ok maybe i'm the only one that finds that amusing...

Just saw AA twice this weekend. Can't really begin to descibe how great it was. The high points were probably getting to chat with the members of the band after the second show and Olavi noticing me singing along to all the lines in Fate of Norns, both nights! :D

Haha, cool dude! The best moment on the consert were when Johan leaned over the stage and looked at me, and raised his hand... Wow!