post your pic.....

I have a katatonia thong but 1:I'm most likely never going to wear it 2: that photo could have been so much more tastfully done. and if I wasn't at work I'd probably shop it to make it pretty lol

Gonna do some of those clone photos too some time soon, looks like fun.

I have a katatonia thong but 1:I'm most likely never going to wear it 2: that photo could have been so much more tastfully done. and if I wasn't at work I'd probably shop it to make it pretty lol

Gonna do some of those clone photos too some time soon, looks like fun.

Question: Why not wearing Katatonia thong??? :heh:

Second about 'much more tastfully done'....well, I didn't mean to do that photo to look like great portrait or compatition with Pablo Picasso :loco:

I promised to do that, and thought that this will be first of a kind picture like that...and I would be glad to see much more creative work than was mine...that is the point... :lol:

MadTinus: I could make a lil tutorial when I attemp to do one.. I've never made a tutorial so it'd be nice to make something useful.

I'll do it tomorrow infact.

Doom_death: my katatonia thong is a fan girl item lol, not for wearing. I like more comfortable underwear. And about the style of the photo, I just ment it looks sleazy and it really isn't something that should be on the forums I don't think. I'm sure your girlfriend isn't shy, but sticking photos of a sexual act on a music forum just isn't polite.

How to take (Kata)clone photos:

First you need a tripod. Then you need to set you camera to self timer. You set up the camera on the tripod where you want to shoot, press the button and run round and stand in the photo. After you hear the shutter close, go back to the camera and with out moving it press the button again. Then run back into the photo and stand somewhere different.

You need to make sure that the two photos are taken in consistent lighting conditions. If you’re outside watch the clouds so you don’t get one photo that’s sunny and one in the shade.
After you have downloaded your photos, open them both in Photoshop, copy one image and past it as a new layer over the top of the other image. Select around the person that is in the top layer photo. This doesn’t need to be accurate. A box selection or the polygonal lasso tool will work. Make sure that there shadow is also in side the selection. Then press Ctrl+Shift+I then hit Delete.

It becomes a bit more complex if you have overlapping shadows or people. The best thing is just to try and avoid it.

that's how i thought it was done...i hate the lasso, it's unpredictable...i do it slightly differently but using the same priciples
and you don't need a tripod...any firm straight surface would do
the tripod has an advantage for height and angle and stuff but it's not mandatory

The pen tool is the best thing for selecting stuff I find, or magnetic lasso if you have good lines and contrast in the photo. I'd probably mask the photos as well and just erase the bits I wanted or other way round.

Hey, I've been reading up here on the whole "clone-thing" and I find myself intrigued here. Does anyone have any samples of this to post up? I'm just curious, that's all. I find this technique pretty interesting.

Hmm, that's how I imagined it was done too :) Just thought my theory was too obvious and it would probably be a lot more complicated.

Anyway, you really need to make sure you don't move the camera after the first shot. To activate my timer, I need to touch the camera, it'll be hard to keep it in the exact same position.

that's how i thought it was done...i hate the lasso, it's unpredictable...i do it slightly differently but using the same priciples
The polygonal lasso tool kicks the arse out of the lasso tool.

The pen tool is the best thing for selecting stuff I find, or magnetic lasso if you have good lines and contrast in the photo. I'd probably mask the photos as well and just erase the bits I wanted or other way round.
Yeah masking would work aswell.

Hey, I've been reading up here on the whole "clone-thing" and I find myself intrigued here. Does anyone have any samples of this to post up? I'm just curious, that's all. I find this technique pretty interesting.
I did a whole stack of them last year. You probably remember this.

Eve-lake-forrest-2-people-t.jpg

Hmm, that's how I imagined it was done too :) Just thought my theory was too obvious and it would probably be a lot more complicated.

Anyway, you really need to make sure you don't move the camera after the first shot. To activate my timer, I need to touch the camera, it'll be hard to keep it in the exact same position.
Yeah it’s very easy to do. The Photoshoping is really simple. Using a tripod will stop you moving the camera when you press the button for the second photo.

OK. So it’s easy, now get out there and take some photos. If we get clone photos of a whole bunch of members then we could pm them to Anders as some sort of My Twin photographic tribute.