Post Your Picture

Me in China at the end of last year
pc210021smallmx3.jpg

This is me and my gf in Tasmania, I just really liked this photo. I want to start a band with her now just to use that shot.
img8104smallxs4.jpg

That's me in Queenstown, New Zealand, a couple of months ago
p6280005smalluu6.jpg

@Miltbrand - they let you have that kind of beard in the army???

Yep. There are no rules as such about beards and length of hair in the Danish army. You might be advised to cut your beard/hair if it makes it dangerous for you to do your job, though...
One guy at our battle group HQ even had a pony tail...

Yep. There are no rules as such about beards and length of hair in the Danish army. You might be advised to cut your beard/hair if it makes it dangerous for you to do your job, though...
One guy at our battle group HQ even had a pony tail...

That's just........odd.

That's just........odd.

What´s odd was the British general (yep, it went all the way to that level!) who mentioned that the Danish troops might not receive any air support, unless one of our guys cut his 5 inch goatee! That´s just fucked!!!

There's a Highland games this weekend in Wisconsin...I was considering going. I worry that a non-Irish, non-Scottish, non-kilt wearing, only-in-it-for-the-hell-of-it young man like myself would be out of place. Is that true?

I had a good time at the games last year without competing. not sure about the wisconsin event, but the ones here include music, food, reenactors, vendors with all kinds of cool stuff.
one of the bands is actually kind of decent, rock with bagpipes, http://www.myspace.com/prydein1

My first tour was oct. 06 - feb. 07. When we got there it would be 40 degrees celsius at noon. But around christmas it would be 10 degrees at day and around 0 at night.
We only had our issued summer uniforms, so we were freezing our asses off. The army still thought that since we were in a desert it would always be hot...
I was pretty happy to have brought the toque.

My first tour was oct. 06 - feb. 07. When we got there it would be 40 degrees celsius at noon. But around christmas it would be 10 degrees at day and around 0 at night.
We only had our issued summer uniforms, so we were freezing our asses off. The army still thought that since we were in a desert it would always be hot...
I was pretty happy to have brought the toque.

Thats pretty cool, I bet.