Post your studio websites!

derekmoffat

608 STUDIOS
Dec 4, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Feel free to post your studio website (not facebook page or anything like that).
It's always interesting to look at the layout and graphic design of other studio websites.

It doesn't have to be yours either. Post some badass sites!

such a nice studio man!!!

Btw is it hard to run a studio on an 50k population Island?

Thanks! I don't own it, but I work there daily together with the owner. Not a bad place to land after finishing my studies :) We've been officially open for about a year.

It's a challenge to run a studio here, but it's not as impossible as you'd think. The Faroese music scene is really strong and we have several artists who do most of their stuff abroad. But the plan with the studio is to get clients from abroad, since the scene is a bit too small to sustain a major studio. We're pretty competitively priced compared to most big studios abroad, have a deal with the local airline, hotels etc. and The Faroe Islands is a pretty spectacular place to visit! The plan is to go into PR overdrive next year, we'll see how that goes. So far we've had one major album from abroad, a Norwegian band called Vamp (produced by Espen Lind, assisted by me)which sold over 100.000 pre-orders and topped the iTunes charts in Norway for two weeks.

Here's a video from the studio: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGu4LZwY-I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGu4LZwY-I[/ame]

Holy shit that vox reverb gave me chills all over my body. Very nicely recorded :headbang:

Thanks! :) We did videos for a few songs, it was all done pretty quickly. When you've got artists like that in a great room it just sounds good straight away, I'm pretty sure we just had the 87 in front of Eivør and a DI from the bass. Almost no post processing apart from the reverb. Working with musicians of that caliber makes working with audio the most fun thing to do in the world.

/enough highjacking

On topic: It really is amazing how many professionals working from amazing studios(and getting amazing results) are long-time members on this forum!