Lunar Aurora - Mond
Scum - Gospels For The Sick
1349 - Hellfire
Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr
Gehenna - WW
Old Man's Child - Vermin
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
Origin - Echoes Of Decimation

I plan on checking out Gehenna when I'm done with Empyrium and SKyclad.

haha, it's funny that everyone thinks the new Arcturus sucks. LOLicus to the maximus

Demilich said:
Just listened to Gehenna's "Seen Through the Veil of Darkness (Second Spell)" tonight and it was pretty fucking great!

Probably my favourite Norwegian release ever. :headbang:

So evil, so haunting, so mystical, so beautiful.

Henrik Main said:
Lunar Aurora - Mond
it's puzzling how easily those guys can spawn the best BM release of the year and you can yet feel the huge margin toward the top that still lies unexploited

Scum - Gospels For The Sick
funny but not essential by any mean

1349 - Hellfire
drum hero. I still miss the actual music though

Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
Not crap per se, but it's Arcturus we're talking about, so this album is mega crap

J. said:
haha, it's funny that everyone thinks the new Arcturus sucks. LOLicus to the maximus
I wouldn't say it "sucks". There's nothing about it that's awful. There's just nothing compelling about the music or the melodies, and the vocals drift between being mediocre and weak.

Zod

Yeah of course , no one is saying that , for instance , the new Siebenbürgen album is better. It's just that I thought it was a band that would always provide top notch material. I can't say I'm satisfied with this new offer at all. By chance , I hit upon the new Solefald which pleases me a lot more :loco:

it;s just funny that everyone was pre-jerking it to the new arcturus because Simen came back, and now this. hahahaha

people shoulda known this band was done for. I mean, c'mon, Sham Mirrors was atrocious.

J. said:
people shoulda known this band was done for. I mean, c'mon, Sham Mirrors was atrocious.

I think it was pretty damn awesome and "Sideshow Symphonies" is far from being teh bullshit, it's just pretty bland, lacks focus at the best of times and Vortex does everything in his power to make me want to throw a gasoline-soaked handkerchief into his mouth and light up a match.

Lunar Aurora - Mond: Excellent, absolutely excellent. Worship or perish in flames at once!

Scum - Gospels For The Sick: Was better than what I'd expected. Good clean fun.

1349 - Hellfire: It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up as no. 1 or 2 on my best of '05 list. Follows up where "Beyond The Apocalypse" left - frantic, hyperfast, aggressive, but with those melodic gems hidden underneath the layers of brutality.

Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr: Finntroll meets Moonsorrow? Mandatory for fans of both bands.

Gehenna - WW: A return to form. Primitive black metal with the classic Norwegian touch.

Old Man's Child - Vermin: I actually quite like this. His best since "The Pagan Prosperity".

Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies: I liked "The Sham Mirrors", but I'm not sure what to think of this. Some tracks are excellent (such as "Hibernation Sickness Complete" and "Hufsa"), whereas others are pretty dull. I shall give this one more spins for sure, I'm hoping it'll grow on me.

Origin - Echoes Of Decimation: Get it or get out.